G Options B Comments & Embed 2rerank list
- 1vI have never played games like the MG series. Games that can make you laugh, cry, feel adrenaline, combine stealth, guns, combat all interlocked with a story and a cinematic style that could rival any Hollywood movie. This is the total package and the pinacle of video game genius.
- 2vThe greatest sandbox games ever. You're either nothing like GTA or you're a failed attempt at a GTA. With it's reputation that almosts precedes the game itself, no game as broke the popular culture barrier like GTA. A game that is almost a parody movie with it's constant knob gags, violent slapstick and it's abillty to take the piss without no consequences. It is the ultimate F-you to society. Pretty much because you can kill the society in this game. Nothing defines Open-World like this game. It also gave us, the gamer, the abillity to dictate the pace of the game something rarely seen outside an RPG. Do what you want, when you want, what's not to love?
- 3vThis is the greatest Horror Franchise ever! No game can instill fear into you quite like Silent Hill. I'll be the first to admit that due to a production change, the quality of the games have twindled somewhat to the point where the franchise died but it's been relit with a new game and a new move coming out in 2012. (They are not connected). To be honest, all I can say is play this with the lights down, the sound turned up. Also, I believe Silent Hill 2 alone is better than any Resident Evil game. Bold statement I know but it's a pure masterpiece.
Bethesda SoftwarevI've combined two here because I think it's the developers who deserve the credit here. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout are THE Game Of The Year Champions. If you haven't played these games... you call yourself a "gamer"?
- 5vI'll admit I've only played 7-13 apart from 11. 13 may have not lived up to it's name, come to mention it 12 didn't either but has stand-alone games, pure awesome. The reason they didn't cut it? ... because Final Fantasy X is the greatest PS2 game ever made. I think we all know that number 7 was the greatest PS1 game too. 8 was a fairly quick and easy game and I think number 9 doesn't get much credit and I'm sure the online market will tell you 11 and 14 are amazing. I'm sure retro gamers will tell 1-6 are pretty awesome too. So for a franchise that has stood the test of time and is still knocking out bestsellers. How could I not includes this franchise.
- 6vUncharted is wow after wow after wow. Visually amazing. Controls amazing. Story amazing. The greatest thing to come out of the PS3!!! This franchise took Tomb Raider by the balls (sorry Lara) and said we can do better than this dead crap. We got heaven on a disc.
- 7vAlthough i'm not a big fan of the 4th and 5th games, on the whole this set the tone for Zombie Action-Horror games. When the game was more of a creature feature with a brilliant story, like the first few seasons of The X-Files, it was great but has tailed off to appeal to fans of the movie and the Call Of Duty "gamers". Shame, would of been higher if it stuck to it's roots.
- 8vI've yet to play Revelations but I hear that the franchise is over and the story has come to a close. The most innovative game franchise on this list I feel. It's hard to even genresise.... is that a word? It is now! It also evolved rather quickly. The first game was great but repetitive, it had potential. Two years later, ACII came out and turned everything on it's head. One year later, it improved further and added an online mode, then just one year later the final game, which I cannot wait to slide into my PS3.
- 9vYes, this is for me personally because no game defined my childhood as much as this. The first two games will stand the test of time as the best adventure games that only Sam & Max have come close to matching. The third and fourth games are okay at best, although the stories were great, the jump from 2D to 3D has killed it. I cried as I wrote that.
- 10vI think this just cut it for old times sake, if anything else. The franchise was the king of gaming for many years until the PS2. With updated tech, Tomb Raider failed to transcend and when Ubisoft grabbed hold of it, it left a bad taste in gamers mouths. Short, uneventful games were coughed up every few years. I heard they are starting from scratch once again but I feel it's best days live on the PS1. Dust it off.