- 1Rare's best game without a doubt is Conker's Bad Fur Day. The game was downright fun to the end. So many shots were taken at pop culture, so many innovations made, so many voices in the game. The game was the most detailed on the Nintendo 64 and had much more dialogue than any other N64 game. It was considered a technical miracle due to the restraints of the console at that time.BUY @ amazon
When one talks about Bad Fur Day, everybody always mentions its comedy aspects. Yes, the game was as funny as hell but people also forget that it was extremely advanced for its time. There was extensive lip-synching done, detailed facial animations put in and characters actually had fingers instead of squares for hands!
Then again, who doesn't love watching Conker go one-on-one with the weirdest, grossest, most insane boss in all of video game history: The Great Mighty Poo.
- 2GoldenEye 007 was truly one of the greatest shooters of all time. Ask any video game critic to name the top five shooters in history and GoldenEye will get mentioned. Setting the ground work for f*ture first-person shooters, GoldenEye was a game that you could get immersed in for hours on end and still want more when you turned off your console.BUY @ amazon
Why was GoldenEye so successful? Maybe it was because of the multiplayer. You could spend a solid 8 hours playing this game with your buddies at your house over a bowl of nachos until your stomach ached. Not to mention the fact that the game modes were inventive and just fun as hell to play. Since then, there have been other epic shooters. Maybe GoldenEye isn't the best shooter of all time. Clearly a game like Halo 2 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 surpasses an old, N64 game right?
- 3One of the best games on the N64, Banjo-Kazooie was a platformer that rivalled Super Mario 64 at the time. Banjo-Kazooie was filled with smart level designs, catchy musical soundtracks and a lot of adult themed humour. Seriously. Even though this game received an E rating, there are a lot of references in the game that the kiddies won't get.BUY @ amazon
So why choose the original rather than the sequel? After all, Tooie had some features that the first game didn't. That list includes more abilities, better graphics, and multiplayer. I chose to put Banjo-Kazooie ahead of Tooie because it was just a better experience. Plus, Banjo-Kazooie contained one of the greatest video game secrets of all time: Stop 'n' Swop.
- 4All in all, there were three DKC games made for the Super Nintendo. The first DKC had a huge plug thanks in part to a video made totally hyping the game. I won't explain the whole thing, but it's basically a dude wearing a backwards baseball cap going around and interviewing people who worked on the game.BUY @ amazon
So why pick the second entry in the series? Well, gamers prefer this entry more than the other two. The game featured one of the best soundtracks on the SNES with David Wise doing all the composing. In addition to that, there were many new features that the original game did not have. DK coins, Kremcoins, different level settings, a "Lost" world, and the list goes on. Don't be afraid to spend 800 Wii Points on Virtual Console for one of the best games for the Super Nintendo.
- 5Battletoads was going to appear on the list eventually. Known as possibly the hardest NES game of all time, Battletoads challenged you to be near flawless. Countless controllers were broken because of the ever infuriating wind tunnel level but beating the game was a true accomplishment back in the day.BUY @ amazon
One of the best parts of this game for me was the ridiculous nature of the game. Your characters name was Rash, Pimple or Zitz which is absolutely disgusting. Another weird thing about the game is that every time you defeated an enemy your fist or foot would turn into a huge object sending the enemy flying off-screen. But I still think that best part about this game was that the Angry Video Game Nerd took a stab at playing it... and hilarity ensued.
items 1 - 5 of 10
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list