G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1Ellen DeGeneres hosts a hugely syndicated talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show, she's a comedian, has
hosted both the Academy Awards and the Primetime Emmys, provided the voice of Dory in the Disney-Pixar animated film Finding Nemo, for which she was awarded a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress, the first and only time a voice performance won a Saturn Award. She was a judge on American Idol and starred in two television sitcoms, Ellen and The Ellen Show. She has won thirteen Emmys and numerous other awards for her work and charitable efforts. In November 2011, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton named her a Special Envoy for Global AIDS Awareness.
Ellen is the spokesperson for American Express, Cover Girl, and as of 2012 JC Penny. However, there is a group called One Million Moms, they are unhappy with JC Penny regarding their partnership with Ellen, so The American Family Association affiliate, is still calling for the retailer "to replace Ellen DeGeneres" on their website. Ellen faced her critic head on stating "my haters are my motivators".
American Express has a tagline of "it's everywhere you want to be" so to have an openly gay woman be the face of your brand is pretty awesome.
When you think of makeup adverts you think of young beautiful models, which is why is was so cool that Cover Girl brought on Ellen as the face of Cover Girl. Ellen is not known for her slinky gowns, or stylish looks. She's simple and practical and approachable.
Ellen also is a very open and an activist for Gay Rights. She has stared in NoH8 ads, It Gets Better Ads.
- 2Sir Elton Hercules John has worked with lyricist Bernie Taupin as his songwriter and long-term partner since 1967; they have collaborated on more than 30 albums to date. With a four-decade career Elton has sold more than 250 million records, making him one of the most successful artists of all time. He has more than 50 Top 40 hits, including seven consecutive No. 1 US albums, 56 Top 40 singles, 16 Top 10, four No. 2 hits, and nine No. 1 hits. He has won six Grammy Awards, four Brit Awards, an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Tony Award. Elton was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994 and received a knighthood from HM Queen Elizabeth II for "services to music and charitable services" in 1998.
In 2012 Elton John became the spokesman for Pepsi.
He has been heavily involved in the fight against AIDS since the late 1980s. In 1992, he established the Elton John AIDS Foundation which has raised over $200 million.
John entered into a civil partnership with David Furnish on 21 December 2005 and continues to be a champion for LGBT social movements.
- 3Sean Hayes stared as Jack, the flamboyantly gay friend on the hit show "Will and Grace". What is not well known is that Hayes was a largely uses spokesperson. Hayes has been a representative for Pepsi, Doritos, Bud Lights, and Geico.
He also is largely active in gay rights community.
- 4Rosie O'Donnell was a successful stand up comedian before getting her own talk show. Since the end of "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" she has been a co-host on the view, hosted her own web series, created the first "gay family friendly" cruise, and has now taken over for Oprah on the OWN network.
O'Donnell was one of the first celebrities to enter into a same-sex civil union with then partner Kelly, she also was the face of "gay adoption". O'Donnell is a very outspoken activist on same-sex marriage, It Gets Better, Repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell, and NOH8.
- 5George Takei is mostly known for his role as Hikaru Sulu, helmsman of the USS Enterprise in Star Trek. He is a proponent of gay rights and active in state and local politics as well as continuing his acting career. In addition to his movie and television series career George makes a living as a spokesperson for SHARP brand electronics.
- 6Neil Patrick Harris was a child actor who went on to find huge success as an adult on the hit show "How I Met Your Mother." NPH has also loaned his recognizable mug to Old Spice.
NPH has been with his partner David David Burtka since 2004, the pair had twins through a surrogate in 2010 and were married in September 2014.
Harris has been outspoken and active in the gay community since coming out and in 2010 TIME Magazine named one of 100 most influential people.
- 7Jane Lynch shot to fame in Christopher Guest's improv mockumentary pictures such as Best in Show. She is best known for her turn as Sue Sylvester on the top rated show Glee.
She has been a spokesperson of Healthy Choice.
Lynch married Dr. Lara Embry in 2010, and has been outspoken on equal rights for GLBT community.
- 8Stephen Fry is an actor, screenwriter, author, playwright, journalist, poet, comedian, television presenter, film director, and a director of Norwich City Football Club...and a spokesperson. He has loaned his face and voice to British brands Whitbred, Twinings, Heineken and also Honda.
Fry kept his homosexuality a secret for a while, claiming not to have engaged in sexual activity for 16 years from 1979 until 1995. When asked when he first acknowledged his sexuality, Fry quipped: "I suppose it all began when I came out of the womb. I looked back up at my mother and thought to myself, 'That's the last time I'm going up one of those.' Fry was in a 14-year relationship with Daniel Cohen, which ended in 2010.
He is an outspoken activist for homosexual equality.