- 1 ReRank
- 2 See list ranked by
G Options B Comments & Embed 2rerank list
- 1+ 289- 130Even at level 99, you can die in an instant; one wrong move gets you killed when you're facing off against these two superbosses. Square Enix really knows how to beat you down, even when you've earned a mega-sword that should turn any boss battle into a breeze.
- 2+ 261- 116Sephiroth is a legendarily tough boss in Kingdom Hearts for good reason. One hit from him can knock you down to one hit point.
Unless you build up your HP throughout the entire game and basically don't relent on doing things like "finishing the level in a timely manner," you're going to have a really hard time trying to beat him when it really comes down to it.
- 3+ 61- 26You know a boss is going to be hard when the game is named after him and Mike Tyson is as difficult as it got in this boxing game. Your timing had to be precise and every blow had to be perfect if you wanted any hope of beating him. Not to mention the fact that he's huge. Like Incredible Hulk huge.
The only saving grace is that win or lose, you still get to keep both of your ears.
- 4+ 42- 18It's appropriate that a game as notoriously difficult as Dark Souls would have bosses as hard as Ornstein and Smough.
Beating them is an exercise in patience and strategy. Taking on both of them at once is a virtual death sentence. You have to divide and conquer, making sure neither of them manage to land a shot. Then it's all about biding your time until you can take one of them out for good. Once you've eliminated one, beating the other is a relative cakewalk, but getting there might just put a few grey hairs on your head.
- 5+ 35- 22Take your pick of hard bosses from the Mega Man series, but the most memorable has to be the Yellow Devil.
This boss battle is all about timing. You have time your actions almost perfectly to beat him. Every one of his attacks needs to be dodged and you only have intervals of a few seconds in which he is vulnerable. The battle might sound a little simplistic, but even once you figure it out, there's almost no room for error.
- 6+ 30- 19Devil May Cry 3 is spot-on when it came to boss battles and the toughest of them all is undoubtedly Virgil. The final brother on brother battle is as grueling as it was fun. Trying to keep Virgil from regenerating health while constantly staying on the attack is no small feat. In fact, it's a major accomplishment, the kind you really should get a medal for.
Even if you stay on top of Virgil consistently enough to keep his health down, his attacks are so strong that even a single one can spell disaster.
- 7+ 19- 9Even as a super badass ninja, defeating Ultimate Alma is no easy task. She's a ball of energy and fireballs with just one thing on her mind: your death.
No matter how resilient and skilled you are, it's almost certain to take more than a few tries to defeat this villain. As is so often the case, when you've finally figured it out, it's all about exploiting her weaknesses and acting quick. Even when she's frozen, there's only a nanosecond window in which to strike.
- 8+ 124- 129Battling Tabuu on the hardest difficulty level is controller-smashingly frustrating.
This boss is like a stalker. He requires lots of dodging, a lot of athletics and at least some self-hatred to keep trying. Some of his attacks are straight up instant-kills. Imagine playing in a tournament of Smash Bros. against that one friend who nobody ever wants to play against... and multiply that by at least five.