- 1 ReRank
- 2 See list ranked by
G Options B Comments & Embed 2rerank list
- 9+ 111- 120God of War III blew its predecessor out of the water in graphics and gameplay, but no boss battle in the series has ever been harder than Zeus.
Zeus is, well, the God of all Gods - so he pretty much SHOULD be this hard to beat. The biggest problem with Zeus is that every time you turn around, he's completely healed. The gory cutscene at the end is well worth the battle, though. Keep going, valiant god-killers. Keep going.
- 10+ 66- 77Baal from Blizzard's Diablo II is just sadistic. Baal multiplies faster than a Duggar and is twice as annoying. His ridiculous mana drain just makes it all the more annoying and extends this boss battle to the point that any sensible gamer will want to quit and binge on comfort food.
- 11+ 15- 17The Gears of War franchise includes some great and memorable boss battles, but the best of the best is probably General Raam. Between the Reavers, his mini-gun, and his shield, this guy is bad news.
This battle is largely a waiting game. It's all about patiently sticking it out behind cover and waiting for your chance to strike. Attack with too much eagerness or make one wrong move, and this one's all over.
- 12+ 71- 90Dark Samus in hyper mode is the ultimate shadow-opponent. She clones herself like a staff infection in gym class. These clones attack at the same time and she heals herself.
It's irrational, but every time you die, you actually feel like you disappointed Samus herself.
- 13+ 13- 15In the long history of Metal Gear Solid bosses, you'll never forget your first. Not only is Psycho Mantis a formidable opponent, but he also sets a precedent for boss battles of the future.
This boss and his mind reading abilities gives just about every gamer who has faced him a real run for their money. Sure, there are a few cheap tricks you could use to defeat, but beating him in a fair, head to head match-up remains one of the most difficult tasks in the Metal Gear franchise.
- 14+ 12- 14World of Warcraft's C'Thun is almost impossibly hard, or at least he was at one point. He was so difficult that Blizzard actually released a patch to make this boss battle less difficult. Even the best guilds around had trouble with this boss.
C'Thun became considerably less difficult after his stats were nerfed, but his original difficulty remains engrained in World of Warcraft lore.
- 15+ 87- 115Remember when Guitar Hero was fun, and didn't just HURT?
Well, that was a time before Lou the Devil. You just know anyone with "Devil" in their name is going to be hard. You have to be near perfect to beat this guy on Expert and probably a seasoned guitar player or GHIII fanatic.
We don't care how many times you've beat DragonForce on other, easier settings, at the most extreme setting, Lou the Devil basically comes into your house, moves your furniture around, eats everything in your fridge, and steals your wallet.
- 16+ 9- 13When it comes to the Street Fighter series, there are plenty of hard, annoying, and excruciating bosses to pick from. Gill has to be one of the worst though. Like so many other bosses, he's insanely tricky and seemingly designed to infuriate even seasoned players.
After you've figured out all his little tricks and finally have him down for the count, he pops right back up with full health and a thirst for vengeance. If he isn't the hardest boss, he's certainly one of the most frustrating.