G Options B Comments & Embed
- 10Not only is the CGI great, the set and the creativity and liveliness of everything set this one apart from others that also have solid CGI. The makeup and costumes are great as well. It just balances CGI and set too well to leave off the list.
- 9There isn't hardly any CGI, it's the bleakness and simplicity that gives it a spot on this list. There's hardly anything to it. That's what makes it beautiful. It's so bleak. That's exactly what they wanted.
- 8While I didn't care too much for the film itself, I couldn't deny the occasional beauty it had to offer. While what you did see whas limited, what a spectacle it was when you saw it.
- 7I don't think there's ever been such a widely accepted and loved film like Apocalypse Now that looks so good. They chose the perfect place to shoot, the jungle looks so good and feels so believable. From the trees to the ocean, all the way to the napalm, this film looks great.
- 6I suppose it doesn't have powerhouse CGI or and inventive artistic style, it's the scenery that is so charming. It's hard to find a more epic looking film than Lawrence of Arabia (They do exist though. Check #10.) The broad scale and feel it pulls off so nicely puts it on this list.
- 5While the film itself never lives up to its potential and is scattered and unfocused, the imagery is so surreal and the obvious love that went into the sets and the CGI that's in it is amazing. It had an impressively unique look that is hard not to recognize if you've seen the film.
- 4The film was the only film that I thought had inventive CGI. Most CGI like Transformers, Day After Tomorrow, 2012, Titanic, ect. had the exact same visual effects. It was just used differently. This film had the coolest visual effects I had ever seen. The style is undeniable, the film isn't terrible either.
- 3This is a case of style over substance. It's a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing film. When I saw the painting, I was blown away. I was utterly amazed that I was seeing it. The entire film is just a gorgeous trip. The film itself is . . . mediocre.
- 2I read that Stanley Kubrick tried to make this film just look like a picture. In my opinion, he told the story in pictures. That's not to say the script wasn't good, it was. The imagery was just so beautiful that it takes the cake.
- 1It's impossible to find one scene that that shows the beauty of this film. There isn't really one. It's the entire film. The first time I saw it, I got goosebumps. I couldn't believe my heart could ever feel so light. It was like falling in love. In a sense . . . I guess I was.
Honorable mentions: Avatar, Inception, Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, The 5th Element, Blade Runner.