Top 10 XMass Puerto Rican dishes/drinks
1. Pateles (pork or chicken surrounded by a mix of pureed green bananas, pumpking, potatoes, etc. Wrapped in a banana leaf and boiled in salt water.)
2. Pesnil (A pork shoulder, baked with lots of garlic, oregano, sofrito, and lots of other spanish spices. The skin is nice and krispy, its called chicharon.)
3. Arroz con gandules (Yellow rice with green peas. Cooked with peppers, onions, sofrito, olives, etc.)
4. Arroz con dulce (Rice pudding, cooked with ginger, coconut milk, vanilla, evaported milk, etc.)
5. Ensalda de papa (Potato salad, with apples and sometimes bite size pieces of onions.)
6. Ensalada de coditos (Macaroni salad)
7. Morsillas (Blood sausage. Made with cooked rice, spices, blood, etc.) NOT ONE OF MY FAV., BUT ITS TRADITION. LOL!!
8. Coquito (Puerto rican eggnog) Made with rum, condenced milk, coconut cream, egg yolks, etc. FUN TIMES WITH THIS DRINK, LOL!!!
9. Empanadillas (Meat or cheese stuffed dough)
10. Zorullos de queso (Cheese filled corn balls. Made with corn meal, sugar, butter, etc. Then filled with cheese and fried.)
rerank this list your way