- 1+ 14- 6Narendra Damodardas Modi (born September 17, 1950) is the longest-serving chief minister of Gujarat. He has held the office since 2001 and has been successfully re-elected three times. Widely seen as a protégé of LK Advani, a senior BJP leader and its former president, Modi is known for his astute administrative skills and has a record for being incorruptible. He is credited with turning around Gujarat's economy and making it an attractive investment destination for industrialists. Modi's nemesis though has been the Gujarat riots that broke out after the Godhra train burning incident in 2002. Allegedly, while Hindu rioters went on a rampage against the Muslims, killing people and destroying property, the state administration under Modi's charge turned a blind eye and failed to control the violence. Modi himself has been accused of watering down the seriousness of the situation, implicitly justifying the killings of Muslims, and failing to condemn the attacks on them.
- 2+ 16- 11
The popular socialist Arvind Kejrival was born in Hiasr which is located in the state of Haryana and on June 16, 1968. He is also good in studies and this is the reason, he received an opportunity to work with Tata Steel Company after completing his graduation from IIT Kharagpur. He worked in that organization till 1992. He resigned fro his position in that company and switched to Civil Services examination and he cracked it to join as the Joint Commissioner in Indian Revenues services. He started working in Income Tax department of New Delhi division. While, he was working in that department, in 2000, he resigned from their as well and started a NGO in Delhi itself, Parivartan. In the year of 2006, he ultimately taken resignation fro his job and started working for social causes.
The foundation of Parivartan had taken place in the Delhi itself and it was maintained by the volunteers of Kejriwal itself. It was established so that it may make the country corruption free. The basic agenda of this society was to remove corruption from the system of government. It had also solved various problems of the people who were facing problem due to corrupted system. The NGO worked a lot in the field of education and also for public distribution system. Today also, the NGO is working to improve the working inside the government offices and providing benefits of RTI to the people.
Arvind Kejrival is the personality who implemented the Central Right to Information Act and he is the only person because of which, RTI Delhi is possible today.
He was also awarded with the Ramon Magsaysay Award in 2006 for Emerging Leadership and changing the trend of government working for the common people. He is a devoted person to all the social activities and participated strongly in all of them and also won various prizes for his services. He was also come into light from the second movement which was the struggle which he faced for the implementation of Lok Pal Bill. He was also accompanied by Anna Hazare who is also the popular socialist. He received much support from the people during his Hunger Strike and other movements that he carried on.
Arvind Kejriwal is the person who met various popular celebrities in his lifetime. He also met Mother Teresa and he was really impressed by her service that she delivered to others. He also served the people in Kali Ghat and followed the path of Mother Teresa while she was in West Bengal.
The main idea behind his getting socialist was he wants to see the country Corruptin-Free. In this way, he joined the hands of socialists who also think in the same manner. During his movements, people of the country were stay with him and supported him a lot. He played a strong role in the anti corruption events in which people had given him full support.
He is the youth icon and this is the reason that he got support from the youths of the country for his movements.
- 3+ 8- 8Sushma Swaraj is one of the four women politicians who dominate the Indian politics currently. Apart from Swaraj, the other three women in this quartet are: President Pratibha Patil, UPA chief Sonia Gandhi and Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar. Swaraj, BJP MP from Vidisha, is the leader of the opposition in the 15th Lok Sabha. Swaraj is one of the few Indian politicians who are on social networking site Twitter. Recently, Swaraj's tweet of accepting PM Manmohan Singh's explanation on the CVC fiasco created a kind of flutter in the BJP. Born in Haryana, Sushma began her political career as a student leader and became a member of the Haryana assembly for the first time in 1977. In 1980, Swaraj joined the BJP and during the Ram temple movement, along with Uma Bharti, became the face of women power in the BJP. In 1990, she was elected to the Rajya Sabha and in 1996, she became a Lok Sabha member, from South Delhi. In 1998, Swaraj quit the Union Cabinet of AB Vajpayee and became the first woman chief minister of Delhi. After the defeat of the BJP at the hands of Sheila Diskhit in the Delhi assembly elections, Swaraj returned to national politics. Sawaraj, along with other second-rung BJP leaders like Arun Jatiley and Rajnath Singh, is considered the future of the party in the post AB Vajpayee and LK Advani era.
- 4+ 8- 10Lal Kishanchand Advani (born November 8, 1927), is a former president of the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP), India's major opposition party. In a political career spanning over six decades, Advani has been one of the foremost voices in Indian politics. He has twice been the leader of the opposition in the Lok Sabha and was the deputy Prime Minister of the country between 2002 and 2004 when the BJP was in power. Known for his aggressive brand of politics and for advocating Hindutva, Advani is credited with the rise of the BJP. In 1989, he led a "rath yatra" with the purpose of propagating the Ram Janmabhoomi issue. Advani is one of the main people accused of instigating rioters into demolishing the Babri Masjid at Ayodhya. In the past, Advani has openly admitted that he sees himself as a prime ministerial candidate. However, after the BJP lost the general election in 2009, he bowed out of active politics and paved the way for his colleague, Sushma Swaraj, to lead the opposition.
- 5+ 2- 10Born on September 26, 1932, Manmohan Singh is the current and 13th Prime Minister of India. The first Sikh to hold the office, he is also the only prime minister after Jawaharlal Nehru to return to power after completing a full five-year term. A member of the Indian National Congress, he took oath as Prime Minister on May 22, 2004. Despite never having been elected to the Lok Sabha, he has enjoyed popular support, and is seen as a clean politician untouched by the taint of corruption. In the past year, however, the 2G spectrum and the Commonwealth Games scams in particular, have tarnished the image of his government, although his personal integrity remains unblemished. From 1991 to 1996, during his tenure as finance minister in the Narasimha Rao government, Manmohan Singh was the mastermind behind the economic liberalization in India. An economist by profession, Manmohan Singh was the governor of the Reserve Bank of India from1982 to 1985. Some of his achievements include the passing of the important National Rural Employment Guarantee Act and the Right to Information Act by Parliament in 2005. He was also instrumental in the signing of the Indo-US civilian nuclear deal in 2008
- 6+ 0- 7Born on June 19, 1970, Rahul Gandhi is the son of the late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi and Congress president Sonia Gandhi. He is presently the general secretary of the All India Congress Committee, a post he was appointed to on September 24, 2007, in a reshuffle of the party secretariat. In the same reshuffle he was also given charge of the Indian Youth Congress and the National Students' Union of India. Rahul entered politics in 2004, standing from his father's former constituency of Amethi in the Lok Sabha elections, and won with a landslide majority. In the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, the Congress revived itself in Uttar Pradesh winning 21 out of the total 80 seats and the credit for this turnaround was given to Rahul Gandhi. It is widely believed he is being groomed to be the next Congress nominee for Prime Minister of India.
Sorry, voting on this list has been closed.