& Embed2rerank list
- 1It was one of the first and it still holds strong. It has changed in many ways; yet to become a fighter, wizard, thief or cleric and to band together to fight horrible monsters and find treasure still holds a special place in all our hearts. It might have gone through several changes, yet the core of this game is still the best.
It has a simple mechanic of rolling a d20 (a 20-sided die) to get everything done. Also, it was the first RPG I ever played. So, the fact that this is #1 is partially a loyalty thing, yet this game holds the place it does for being able to smash down a door and slay everything in the room with a wave of a sword or the pointing of a glowing finger.
- 2It is a cool, dark, game. Everyone wants to be a vampire. This game is not about destroying things, but living out the dark fantasy of being a creature of the night. Rules are loose: this game is about role-playing your character to the hilt. It can be a little annoying with the way some people get into their character a little too much, yet that happens with any one of these games, really. Show up to one of these games dressed as Edward Cullen and your fellow players will show you what a REAL vampire is.
- 3It is much like D&D, but they have made strides towards doing more. They branched out into other areas, like sci-fi, superheroes, and their Rifter stuff. They've even got a new zombie game called Dead Reign.
It can take some time to get a character done, and the teamwork is the thing to do if getting into Palladium as a game at all.
- 4Once you have the concept down, which does take some time, this is a great game system.
There is so much here, from fantasy to sci-fi to modern espionage to the old west. There are so many facets to this game that it ranks up there with the best.
Making a character takes forever, yet the characters you create can often be worth the time. The characters you can make here are memorable as hell.
- 5Much like D&D, except this is all about the hack-n-slash. Getting down and dirty, cutting through things and gaining honor points by defiling an enemy's corpse. Characters do take a long time, yet it can be great fun taking the time to do it.
This is a game to get that treasure for your troubles. Roll, rinse, repeat.