- 1Up 138Down 232008“ Released: 1977 „
- 2Up 93Down 181997“ Released: 1997 „
- 3Up 85Down 152012
- 4Up 68Down 171989“ Released: 1989 „
- 5Up 60Down 201975“ Released: 1975 „
- 6Up 45Down 131927“ Released: 1927 „
- 7Up 28Down 71997
- 8Up 34Down 131960“ Released: 1960 „
- 9Up 39Down 221939“ Released: 1939 „
- 10Up 15Down 5
- 11Up 34Down 232001“ Released: 1968 „
- 12Up 9Down 0
Roots: The Gift“ Roots: The Gift features two key characters from Roots and the actors who portrayed them: Fiddler, the seasoned plantation slave (Louis Gossett Jr.) and his young friend Kunta Kinte, (LeVar Burton), who is determined to be free. In this moving tale, they both get involved with a group of slaves who plot a break for freedom on Christmas Eve. “Kunta Kinte was my great-great-great-great-grandfather,” Mr. Haley said, and he was a slave in the late 1700’s.
Christmas Eve 1775. For the celebrants at Parker Plantation, it’s a time of joy and giving. For enslaved friends Fiddler and Kunta Kinte, it’s a chance to give to other slaves the most precious gift of all: freedom. Together, they both help an already freed black man Cletus Moyer (Avery Brooks) smuggle runaway slaves to freedom.
Roots: The Gift was set during Christmas of 1775 because it was slated for telecast during the Christmas season of 1988— December 11, to be exact. This telecast was timed to coincide with the posthumous publication of Alex Haley’s book A Different Kind of Christmas, which had nothing whatsoever to do with Roots but did concern itself with runaway slaves at Yuletide. Roots: The Gift: Year: 1988, Director: Kevin Hooks, Starring: Louis Gossett Jr., LeVar Burton, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew and Tim Russ.
- 13Up 23Down 141974“ Released: 1960 „
- 14Up 14Down 92004
- 15Up 5Down 02006“ Amazing Grace is a 2006 film about the campaign against slave trade in the British Empire, led by William Wilberforce, who was responsible for steering anti-slave trade legislation through the British parliament.
- 16Up 20Down 162005“ Released: 2005 „
- 17Up 3Down 0
The Journey of August King1996“
A very exciting movie, showing the brutality of a slaveowner against what he called his property
- 18Up 3Down 0
- 19Up 5Down 3
The Pet2006“ It's a movie about women who are willingly or unwillingly treat like pets/slaves and sold on the global slave market. „
- 20Up 2Down 02000
- 21Up 2Down 01956
- 22Up 8Down 71915
- 23Up 1Down 01976
- 24Up 0Down 11975
- 25Up 0Down 21981
- 26Up 0Down 61998
Is this list missing something?
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list