- 1Up 183Down 362008“ Released: 1977 „
- 2Up 125Down 261997“ Released: 1997 „
- 3Up 124Down 312012
- 4Up 90Down 211989“ Released: 1989 „
- 5Up 75Down 271975“ Released: 1975 „
- 6Up 59Down 201927“ Released: 1927 „
- 7Up 46Down 121997
- 8Up 51Down 161960“ Released: 1960 „
- 9Up 50Down 261939“ Released: 1939 „
- 10Up 19Down 32000
- 11Up 35Down 17
- 12Up 47Down 282001“ Released: 1968 „
- 13Up 21Down 6
Roots: The Gift1988“ Roots: The Gift features two key characters from Roots and the actors who portrayed them: Fiddler, the seasoned plantation slave (Louis Gossett Jr.) and his young friend Kunta Kinte, (LeVar Burton), who is determined to be free. In this moving tale, they both get involved with a group of slaves who plot a break for freedom on Christmas Eve. “Kunta Kinte was my great-great-great-great-grandfather,” Mr. Haley said, and he was a slave in the late 1700’s.
Christmas Eve 1775. For the celebrants at Parker Plantation, it’s a time of joy and giving. For enslaved friends Fiddler and Kunta Kinte, it’s a chance to give to other slaves the most precious gift of all: freedom. Together, they both help an already freed black man Cletus Moyer (Avery Brooks) smuggle runaway slaves to freedom.
Roots: The Gift was set during Christmas of 1775 because it was slated for telecast during the Christmas season of 1988— December 11, to be exact. This telecast was timed to coincide with the posthumous publication of Alex Haley’s book A Different Kind of Christmas, which had nothing whatsoever to do with Roots but did concern itself with runaway slaves at Yuletide. Roots: The Gift: Year: 1988, Director: Kevin Hooks, Starring: Louis Gossett Jr., LeVar Burton, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew and Tim Russ.
- 14Up 11Down 11956
- 15Up 11Down 11995
- 16Up 27Down 191974“ Released: 1960 „
- 17Up 13Down 62006“ Amazing Grace is a 2006 film about the campaign against slave trade in the British Empire, led by William Wilberforce, who was responsible for steering anti-slave trade legislation through the British parliament.
- 18Up 28Down 212005“ Released: 2005 „
- 19Up 18Down 142004
- 20Up 10Down 6
- 21Up 8Down 61996“
A very exciting movie, showing the brutality of a slaveowner against what he called his property
- 22Up 7Down 5
- 23Up 6Down 51976
- 24Up 12Down 151915
- 25Up 2Down 41999
- 26Up 6Down 92006“ It's a movie about women who are willingly or unwillingly treat like pets/slaves and sold on the global slave market. „
- 27Up 4Down 71975
- 28Up 3Down 72000
- 29Up 1Down 61981
Is this list missing something?
BE THE FIRST TO ADD AN ITEM
items 1 - 29 of 29
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list