- 1Howard Hughes was married to Jean Peters from 1957 until 1971.
Jean Peters was an American actress, known as a star of 20th Century Fox in the late 1940s and early 1950s, and as the second wife of Howard Hughes. Although possibly best remembered for her siren role in Pickup on South Street, Peters was known for her resistance to being turned into a sex symbol. She ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 74 (1926-2000)
- Birthplace: East Canton, Ohio, USA
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: Pickup on South Street, Little Big Man, Viva Zapata!, Broken Lance, Three Coins in the Fountain, + more
Marlene DietrichHoward Hughes reportedly had an affair with Marlene Dietrich in 1947.
Marie Magdalene "Marlene" Dietrich was a German-American actress and singer. Dietrich remained popular throughout her long career by continually re-inventing herself, professionally and characteristically. In the Berlin of the 1920s, she acted on the stage and in silent films. Her performance as ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 91 (1901-1992)
- Birthplace: Schöneberg, Germany
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Violinist
- Credits: Witness for the Prosecution, The Blue Angel, Judgment at Nuremberg, Destry Rides Again
- 3Howard Hughes was reportedly in a relationship with Faye Emerson in 1947.
Faye Margaret Emerson was an American film actress and television interviewer known as "The First Lady of Television." Beginning in 1941, she acted in many Warner Brothers films. In 1944, she played one of her more memorable roles as Zachary Scott's former wife in The Mask of Dimitrios. She was the ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 66 (1917-1983)
- Birthplace: Elizabeth, USA, Louisiana
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: A Face in the Crowd, Between Two Worlds, Destination Tokyo, I've Got a Secret, Guilty Bystander, + more
- 4Rumor has it that Howard Hughes hooked-up with Rita Hayworth in 1947.
Rita Hayworth was an American actress and dancer. She achieved fame during the 1940s as one of the era's top stars, appearing in a total of 61 films over 37 years. She is perhaps best known for her performance in the 1946 film noir, Gilda. She is listed as one of the top 25 female motion picture stars ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 69 (1918-1987)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
- Profession: Film Producer, Actor, Singer, Dancer
- Credits: Cover Girl, Gilda, The Lady from Shanghai, Pal Joey
Virginia MayoHoward Hughes was reportedly romantically involved with Virginia Mayo in 1946.
Virginia Mayo was an American actress and dancer. Best known for a series of comedic films with Danny Kaye, Mayo was Warner Brothers's biggest box office money maker in the late 1940s. She also co-starred in the 1946 Oscar-winning movie The Best Years of Our Lives. moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 85 (1920-2005)
- Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: The Best Years of Our Lives, White Heat, Colorado Territory, Santa Barbara, Fort Utah, + more
Linda DarnellHoward Hughes was in a relationship with Linda Darnell from 1945 - 1946.
Linda Darnell was an American film actress. Darnell was a model as a child, and progressed to theater and film acting as an adolescent. At the encouragement of her mother, she made her first film in 1939, and appeared in supporting roles in big budget films for 20th Century Fox throughout the 1940s. She ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 42 (1923-1965)
- Birthplace: Dallas, Texas, United States of America
- Profession: Pin-up girl, Actor
- Credits: My Darling Clementine, The Mark of Zorro, Zero Hour!, The Song of Bernadette, A Letter to Three Wives, + more
- 7Howard Hughes was in a relationship with Ann Miller from 1945 - 1946.
Johnnie Lucille Collier, known professionally as Ann Miller, was an American dancer, singer and actress. She is best remembered for her work in the Hollywood musical films of the 1940s and 1950s. moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 81 (1923-2004)
- Birthplace: Chireno, Texas, USA
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Dancer
- Credits: Mulholland Drive, On the Town, That's Entertainment! III, You Can't Take It With You
- 8Howard Hughes was reportedly romantically involved with Jane Greer in 1944.
Jane Greer was an American film and television actress who was perhaps best known for her role as femme fatale Kathie Moffat in the 1947 film noir Out of the Past. moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 77 (1924-2001)
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America
- Profession: Model, Actor, Singer
- Credits: Out of the Past, Against All Odds, The Big Steal, Man of a Thousand Faces, Station West, + more
G Options B Comments & Embed