< >Show: 5 25
- the list
View as a
- 1Up 22Down 7Drew Barrymore holds the distinction of being the youngest person ever to host 'SNL.' When Drew first stepped on the 'Saturday Night Live' stage, she was just 7 years old. Yes, while most 7-year-old girls were fast asleep, dreaming about Barbies, rainbows and kittens, Drew was up late, delivering monologues and participating in sketch comedy.
Barrymore's first time hosting 'SNL,' on November 20, 1982, was certainly not to be her last. While her popularity soared because of 'E.T.' that year, she went on to have a very successful film career through adulthood. Consequently, Barrymore has now joined the 'SNL' "Five Timers" club - celebrities who've hosted the show more than five times. In Drew's case, she's hosted a total of six times, including here, on February 3, 2007.
- 2Up 21Down 7Child actor Macaulay Culkin earns a spot on this list as the second-youngest person ever to pull 'Saturday Night Live' hosting duties. Culkin was 11 years old when he hosted 'SNL' on November 23, 1991 - the year in-between the releases of the movies that made him famous, 'Home Alone' and 'Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.'
Like most 'SNL' hosts, Culkin also took part in several skits, including this one, entitled "Bill Swerski's Super Fans." It's about Da Bears, and sixth graders (including Macaulay and his brother, Kieran Culkin).
- 3Up 15Down 5Actress Jodie Foster was 14 years old when she hosted 'Saturday Night Live' on November 27, 1976. That particular year was huge for Foster, as she starred in three films: 'Taxi Driver,' 'Bugsy Malone' and 'Freaky Friday.' Her performance in 'Taxi Driver' earned her an Oscar nomination (the first of many). She was becoming very, very famous. During her monologue, Foster read a note from her mom, giving her permission to stay up past bedtime to host.
Here's a skit featuring the 14-year-old Jodie Foster, pushing the "Puberty Helper."
- 4Up 13Down 8Actor Fred Savage was 13 when he hosted 'SNL' on February 24, 1990. At the time, Savage was starring on the ABC comedy-drama 'The Wonder Years' as Kevin Arnold. Fred Savage was born on July 9, 1976. Why is this significant? Because he wasn't even a fetus when 'Saturday Night Live' first aired on October 11, 1975! Savage did a great job alongside Dana Carvey's Church Lady, by the way, as her niece, Enid.
- 5Up 10Down 7Finally, Lindsay Lohan makes a distinguished list on Ranker! Yes, Lohan is among the youngest 'SNL' hosts ever, having hosted the show at the ripe old age of 17. You know, before all the other crap. The date was May 1, 2004, and Lohan was promoting the movie 'Mean Girls.' Lindsay also participated in several sketches during the show, including the always hilarious "Debbie Downer" skit here.
items 1 - 5 of 10
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list