- 1Up 16Down 2Child actor Macaulay Culkin earns a spot on this list as the second-youngest person ever to pull 'Saturday Night Live' hosting duties. Culkin was 11 years old when he hosted 'SNL' on November 23, 1991 - the year in-between the releases of the movies that made him famous, 'Home Alone' and 'Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.'
Like most 'SNL' hosts, Culkin also took part in several skits, including this one, entitled "Bill Swerski's Super Fans." It's about Da Bears, and sixth graders (including Macaulay and his brother, Kieran Culkin).
- 2Up 11Down 3Drew Barrymore holds the distinction of being the youngest person ever to host 'SNL.' When Drew first stepped on the 'Saturday Night Live' stage, she was just 7 years old. Yes, while most 7-year-old girls were fast asleep, dreaming about Barbies, rainbows and kittens, Drew was up late, delivering monologues and participating in sketch comedy.
Barrymore's first time hosting 'SNL,' on November 20, 1982, was certainly not to be her last. While her popularity soared because of 'E.T.' that year, she went on to have a very successful film career through adulthood. Consequently, Barrymore has now joined the 'SNL' "Five Timers" club - celebrities who've hosted the show more than five times. In Drew's case, she's hosted a total of six times, including here, on February 3, 2007.
- 3Up 9Down 2Actress Jodie Foster was 14 years old when she hosted 'Saturday Night Live' on November 27, 1976. That particular year was huge for Foster, as she starred in three films: 'Taxi Driver,' 'Bugsy Malone' and 'Freaky Friday.' Her performance in 'Taxi Driver' earned her an Oscar nomination (the first of many). She was becoming very, very famous. During her monologue, Foster read a note from her mom, giving her permission to stay up past bedtime to host.
Here's a skit featuring the 14-year-old Jodie Foster, pushing the "Puberty Helper."
- 4Up 7Down 2The Olsen twins, Mary-Kate and Ashley, were 17 when they co-hosted 'Saturday Night Live' on May 15, 2004. They barely made it on this list - less than a month from turning 18. Incidentally, the twins skipped out on their senior prom to host 'SNL.' That's definitely a good reason to miss prom. And to turn down creepy stalker types who ask you. "Sorry, I'm hosting 'Saturday Night Live' that night." Thankfully, Jimmy Fallon and Will Forte were gracious enough to step in as prom dates, so the girls wouldn't miss out.
- 5Up 8Down 3Malcolm-Jamal Warner hosted 'SNL' on October 18, 1986, when he was 16 years old, earning him a coveted spot on this list. At the time, Warner was a massive star, thanks to the success of the long-running sitcom 'The Cosby Show' (Warner played Theo Huxtable).
items 1 - 5 of 8
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list