Rising to prominence in the 1960s, psych folk is one of the most popular subgenres of folk music. Compared to the many different forms of music to emerge during that time, psychedelic folk fused elements of the folk music of that time and psychedelic rock and was a new, exciting genre. Known it's atmospheric sound, psychedelic folk creates a mystical ex...
Freak folk is a subgenre of folk music that takes elements of psych folk, avant garde music and baroque pop. These strange genre bedfellows is what comprises the sound of freak folk. Similarly to psych folk, the genre's origins are sewn in the 1960s and like folk music, freak folk bands use acoustic instruments. Over the years, freak folk bands have managed ...
The onset of the 2000s saw a rise in a new brand of American rock music. Called "New Weird America" music, as a whole, it's pretty difficult to pinpoint since inherently, all bands are weird. But for the sake of this list of new weird American bands, it should only include bands who have elements of psychedelic rock, freak folk and indie rock in th...
Devendra Banhart - Never Seen Such Good Things
Devendra Banhart - Für Hildegard von Bingen - Art + Music - MOCAtv
Devendra Banhart "Foolin'" (Official Video)
Devendra Banhart - Carmensita
- List of Famous Bands from San Francisco
- List of Famous Bands from Caracas
- Famous Guitarists from Texas
- Famous Record Producers from the United States
- Reprise Records Complete Artist Roster
- List of Famous Record Producers
- Famous San Francisco Art Institute Alumni
- XL Recordings Complete Artist Roster
- Famous Guitarists from Houston
- 2006 Bonnaroo Lineup