13 total votes
Type 2 diabetes

Type 2 diabetes

Diabetes mellitus type 2 is a metabolic disorder that is characterized by hyperglycemia in the context of insulin resistance and relative lack of insulin. This is in contrast to diabetes mellitus type 1, in which there is an absolute lack of insulin due to breakdown of islet cells in the pancreas. The classic symptoms are excess thirst, frequent urination, and constant hunger. Type 2 diabetes makes up about 90% of cases of diabetes, with the other 10% due prim...

... more on Wikipedia

lists about Type 2 diabetes

22 Famous People with Type 2 Diabetes 45k views Unlike folks with Type 1 Diabetes, people with Type 2 Diabetes can still produce insulin. However, their bodies are resistan...

Type 2 diabetes is ranked on...

#3 of 10 The Top 10 Adult Stem Cell Treatments in the Next 10 years 106 votes Adult stem cells are the future of medicine, and will change the way we treat everything from aging to illness. Although adu...

Type 2 diabetes is also found on...

List of Endocrine Disorders Risks of Old Age What Causes Polydipsia? What Causes Polyuria? What Causes Fatigue? Risks Unique to Being Hispanic What Causes Blurred Vision? What Causes Polyphagia? Diseases Treated By Physical Exercise