The Doe Memorial Library is the main library of the UC Berkeley Library System on the UC Berkeley campus. The library is named after its benefactor, Charles Franklin Doe, who was persuaded by the then President of the University of California, Benjamin Ide Wheeler, in 1904 to bequeath funds for its construction. It is located adjacent to the Bancroft Library. In 1900, Emile Benard won an architectural competition for the design of the library, and the Classical Revival style library was completed in 1911. The Doe Library houses both the Undergraduate and Gardner Stacks collections.