This is a list of all 'Die Hard' movies, ranked best to worst. With the release of 1988's original 'Die Hard,' one of the most successful action movie franchises in film history was born. Bruce Willis forever became linked to action films, thanks to the success of 'Die Hard' and the four films that followed it. Is there any doubt that 'Die Hard' is one of the best movies of all time? Here's a tougher question: Which 'Die Hard' movie is the greatest? That's for you to decide, with votes. You can also re-rank these 'Die Hard' movies in any order you choose. The original 'Die Hard' movie was based on the novel 'Nothing Lasts Forever' (Roderick Thorp), and this particular film is without question included on this list of the best movies based on books. All of the 'Die Hard' films have one thing in common: They are great action movies, combining some seriously witty banter with all the car chases, explosions and bad guys. The character of tough talking, yippee-ki-yay-ing NYPD detective John McClane is one of the most memorable action movie characters in cinema history. Bruce Willis' movies are almost always fun, and the 'Die Hard' franchise represents him at his best!
- Die Hard is a 1988 American action film directed by John McTiernan and written by Steven E. de Souza and Jeb Stuart. It is based on the 1979 novel Nothing Lasts Forever, by Roderick Thorp. Die Hard follows off-duty New York City Police Department officer John McClane as he takes on a group of highly organized wrongdoers led by Hans Gruber, who perform a caper in a Los Angeles skyscraper under the guise of a terrorist attack using hostages, including McClane's wife Holly, to keep the police at bay.... more on Wikipedia
41244Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, Bonnie Bedelia, Robert Davi, Kym Malin
- Released: 1988
- Directed by: John McTiernan
- This film is a 1995 American action film and the third in the film series. It was produced and directed by John McTiernan, written by Jonathan Hensleigh, and stars Bruce Willis as New York City Police Department Lieutenant John McClane, Samuel L. Jackson as McClane's reluctant partner Zeus Carver, and Jeremy Irons as Simon Peter Gruber.... more on Wikipedia
28792Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Irons, Alan Rickman, Sam Phillips
- Released: 1995
- Directed by: John McTiernan
- This film is a 1990 American action film and the second in the series. It was released on July 4, 1990. The film was directed by Renny Harlin. The novel has the same premise but differs slightly: A cop must stop terrorists who take an airport hostage while his daughter's plane circles overhead.... more on Wikipedia
27096Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Bruce Willis, John Leguizamo, Dennis Franz, Robert Patrick, Colm Meaney
- Released: 1990
- Directed by: Renny Harlin
- This film is a 2007 American action film, and the fourth installment in the film series. The film was directed by Len Wiseman and stars Bruce Willis as John McClane. McClane is attempting to stop cyber terrorists who hack into government and commercial computers across the United States with the goal to start a "fire sale" of financial assets. The film was based on the 1997 article "A Farewell to Arms" written for Wired magazine by John Carlin. The film's North American release date was June 27, 2007. ... more on Wikipedia
246112Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Bruce Willis, Maggie Q, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Timothy Olyphant, Kevin Smith
- Released: 2007
- Directed by: Len Wiseman