The best cooking competition shows, hosted by some of television's most entertaining celebrity chefs, have become one of the must-watch genres on television. Some of the best shows on television right now take place in a kitchen, and the best cooking shows on TV are the reason. These shows all focus more on cooking than baking - but you can check out the best bake-heavy shows like GBBO and Nailed it! on The Most Watchable Baking Competitions or stick with sweets at Delicious Dessert Competitions.
While the cooking show has been around almost since the advent of TV (Julia Child was a thing long before Meryl Streep played her), in recent years we have seen the rise of the cooking competition show. Whether you tune in to Top Chef on Bravo or Netflix to see elite chefs battle for the title of best chef, or Masterchef which features home cooks battling it out to see if they have the chops to compete with the pros, reality cooking competition shows have become must-watch entertainment for the culinarily curious. Adding to the mix are timed challenge cooking competition reality shows like Chopped that put cooks in the kitchen but under extreme pressure to produce great food or go home. Shows like Worst Cooks In America aim to teach basic skills to hapless novices, only aiming to create the Best of the Worst. There are even cooking shows that focus on specific types of preparing food, like barbecue competitions.
Which reality cooking competitions are the best? What is the most entertaining cooking competition show? Who are the best hosts of reality cooking competition shows? Vote up the cooking competition shows you think are the best and see where your favorite competitive cooking shows rank. No matter what type of cooking contest you like, from barbeque to haute cuisine, there is definitely something out there for you.
- Chefs use their culinary skills to impress a panel of experts.
- Aspiring chefs compete for their shot at culinary stardom.
- Chefs and home cooks compete in cooking challenges as they attempt to expose a saboteur.
- Amateur chefs compete to become a culinary master and earn the title MasterChef.
- Chefs get $25,000 and chances to spend that money on helping themselves or sabotaging competitors.
- Gordon Ramsay hosts a fiery cooking competition in which the winner receives a head chef position.
- MasterChef Australia is a Logie Award-winning Australian competitive cooking game show based on the original British MasterChef. It is produced by Shine Australia and screens on Network Ten. ...more
- Cooking competition between the Iron Chef and a challenger.
- Seven of the country's best food trucks compete for customers as they cross the country.
- World-renowned chefs compete in a series of culinary challenges.
- Starting March 6, 2011, and continuing for four additional episodes, Food Network aired the "Chopped All-Stars" Tournament. Sixteen chefs competed.
- MasterChef Junior (Fox, 2013) is an American cooking competition. 24 of the best junior home cooks in the country between the ages of eight and 13 will compete in the first audition round and present ...more
- Guy Fieri pits four talented chefs against one another in a grocery store cooking competition.
- Chefs compete in Kitchen Stadium.
- Chefs face unique cooking challenges in a culinary gauntlet to be the food world's newest superstar.
- Chefs go head to head against culinary icons in a battle for the chance to become the Iron Legend.
- Chefs mentor amateur cooks in an attempt to transform them from kitchen zeros to kitchen heroes.
- Contestants compete for the title of Iron Chef.
- Food Network Challenge is a competitive cooking television series that currently airs on the Food Network. Each episode, professional chefs compete in a timed competition in their professional ...more
- Gordon Ramsay seeks out Britain's best restaurant from diner-nominated eateries.
- Three culinary superstars compete over two rounds against one another as well as against Alex.
- Junior MasterChef is a British TV cookery competition, broadcast by the BBC, in which nine- to twelve-year-olds compete to be crowned "Junior MasterChef". It is a spin-off from the main UK series of ...more
- Teams of professional and amateur cooks try to create the best dish.
- MasterChef is a BBC television competitive reality cooking show. It initially ran from 1990 to 2001 and was later revived in a different format known as MasterChef Goes Large from 2005 onwards. In ...more
- Twelve of America's best pastry chefs gather in Los Angeles for a dessert competition.
- Aspiring chefs compete to be Canada's Top Chef.