Cats are awesome, and doubly so for cartoon cats! Cats are often used in cartoons and animated films as comic relief and antagonists, but there are some superhero cats as well. Many cartoon cats are paired with famous mouse characters so that both sides may battle it out. But regardless of who wins in that fight, who are the greatest cartoon cat characters of all time?
Cats have been popular subjects in cartoons for decades and have often been used as antagonists to be mocked. It seems like Tom, Meowth, and Sylvester just can’t ever catch a break. Despite their repeated failures however, audiences still love them. After all, they just never give up no matter how many times things go badly for them. On the opposite end of the spectrum, we have lazy fat cartoon cats like Garfield, who practically embody slothfulness.
Other famous cartoon cats include Snowball II, Puss in Boots, and Duchess from Disney's animated cat film, The Aristocats. If you love cat characters, then be sure to vote for your favorite cats from cartoons and comics. Don’t see it listed? Add it to the listing so that others may vote for it. For the purpose of this list, bigger cats such as lions, tigers, and leopards also apply. Basically any cartoon felines.
- 500194The Aristocats
- 541185from Alice in Wonderland
- 503181from Pinocchio (and later the cat belonging to Minnie Mouse)
- 539236from The Jungle Book
- 354152Duchess' orange son, Toulouse is the painter, but likes to jump in on his brother's compositions every now and then. He tries to play tough, practicing biting and clawing, in case they ever meet an alley cat. So he looks up to Thomas O' Malley greatly.
- 318166the Simpsons
- 294146Duchess' black son, he is the pianist of the three kittens, and is always trying to out-do Marie. He immediately bonds with Scat Cat and the rest of the band.
- 366200Daughter of Simba and Nala, she spends her days playing around Pride Rock. When trying to hunt on her own, she fails miserably yet was still determined to continue. She has a stubborn streak a mile wide and disapproves of her father constantly sending people to spy on her. It only leads to more rebellion as he continues to do so after promising not to. Despite the bratty, inconsequential manner she has at times, she is kind-hearted and easily befriends Kovu when cubs. When reunited as young adults, he criticizes her hunting skills and she dares him to teach her how to do better, which leads to their friendship blossoming into romance.
- 297180Reluctant object of affection for Pepe LePew