Alright, rock music lovers: Your time has come. This is a list of '70s guitarists - the greatest rock guitar players of the 1970s - voted on by people who live and breathe classic rock. Your job is to rank the great guitarists of the 70s listed here, based on their performance during that decade only. Consider what each of these guitarists brought to the bands that they performed with. Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, David Gilmour: all famous rock guitarists of the '70s that heightened the sound and reputation of every band they played with. Now rank these famous rock guitarists and vote for your favorites!
- Photo: Kevin Winter / Getty ImagesThe Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, The Honeydrippers, The Firm, Coverdale/Page, Page & Plant, solo
1,759978Are they the best of the '70s?
- Genres (Music): Blues-rock, Folk rock, Heavy metal, Rock and roll, Jazz
- Albums: Coverdale/Page, Come With Me, Live at the Greek, Don’t Send Me No Flowers, Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks
- Nationality: England
- Photo: uploaded by yes06
891487Are they the best of the '70s?
- Genres (Music): Popular music, Pop music, Rock music, Heavy metal, Neo-classical metal
- Nationality: Netherlands, Indonesia, United States of America
- Photo: Jo Hale / Getty ImagesPink Floyd, solo
1,353785Are they the best of the '70s?
- Genres (Music): Blues-rock, Rock music, Experimental rock, Soft rock, Progressive rock
- Albums: On an Island, David Gilmour, Remember That Night, About Face, Live in Gdańsk
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Photo: Matthew Baker / Getty ImagesQueen, solo
1,119665Are they the best of the '70s?
- Genres (Music): Rock music, Heavy metal, Pop rock, Progressive rock, Glam rock
- Albums: Red Special, The Adventures of Pinocchio: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Live at the Brixton Academy, Star Fleet Project, Furia
- Nationality: United Kingdom, England