The Greatest White Rappers of All Time
Though it took a while for the music to catch on with them, some of the best rappers in hip hop history are white. While this may be hard to fathom or even accept for some, white rappers have not only been some of the most unappreciated or scoffed at in the game, but they frequently fly under the radar. These white rappers are getting the due they deserve, since after all, they are considered some of the best in history.
In the late 1980s, the Beastie Boys (Ad-Rock, MCA, and Mike D) were among the first white rappers to be accepted by the larger hip hop community. In addition to the groundbreaking Beastie Boys, in the late '90s, after years of mainstream white hip hop diluted the pool, Eminem became one of the most popular and respected MCs of his time. With provocative and controversial lyrics, along with association with legendary producer Dr. Dre, Slim Shady catapulted to the top of both the album charts and became at one point one of the best rappers in the game, impressively releasing his 10th studio album in 2018.
More recently, Macklemore has become one of the most popular rappers on the planet, not to mention one of the best new white rappers. His socially conscious lyrics combined with the slick production of Ryan Lewis have combined two elements of hip hop to create one of the catchiest, and most acclaimed sounds in recent memory. While there are still some people who can't stand his brand of rap, Macklemore is easily one of the most famous white rappers of all time. Who is your favorite young white rapper? Who are the best upcoming white rappers are the best in American rap music, and which underground names stand out internationally? Who are the top 10 white rappers?
This is the Ultimate List of the greatest white rappers of all time. If you notice someone is missing, feel free to add him or her. Vote on who you consider to be the best white hip hop artist of all time.
- Marshall Bruce Mathers III (born October 17, 1972), known professionally as Eminem (; often stylized as EMINƎM), is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, record executive, film producer, ...more
- Austin Richard Post (born July 4, 1995), known professionally as Post Malone, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and guitarist. He first gained major recognition in February ...more
- Nathan John Feuerstein (born March 30, 1991), known by his stage name NF, is an American rapper, artist and songwriter, who has charted in both the Christian hip hop and mainstream hip hop markets. ...more
- Malcolm James McCormick (January 19, 1992 – September 7, 2018), known professionally as Mac Miller, was an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, ...more
- David Andrew Burd (born March 15, 1988), better known by his stage name Lil Dicky or LD, is an American rapper and comedian. He came to prominence with the release of the music video to his song ...more
- Gerald Earl Gillum better known by his stage name G-Eazy or Young Gerald, is an American rapper, songwriter and producer born and raised in Oakland, California. G has released numerous mixtapes and ...more