As movie fans, we like to think of our favorite actors as being larger than life. With all of the coverage that these stars get, these cool celebrities know how to function both on and off the screen.
We often think of our favorite actors as being fairly close in personality to our favorite characters that they have portrayed. Most of these guys epitomize the word cool. Beginning with actors like Humphrey Bogart and Cary Grant during the Golden Age of Film, the best leading men have had a certain aura about them. James Dean, Marlon Brando, and Steve McQueen are other actors who are considered some of the coolest guys ever.
More recently, tough guy actors like Bruce Willis and Daniel Craig mixed brains with brawn in their iconic roles as John McClane and James Bond, respectively. While they each exemplify a different kind of cool, people are still attracted to these actors because of their coolness factor. These coolest Hollywood actors are the guys you'd want to hang out with, talk shop, and maybe down an adult beverage or two.
Vote up all of the actors you think could compete for world's coolest man. Then check back to see if your favorite actors topped the list!
- Denzel Hayes Washington Jr. (born December 28, 1954) is an American actor, director, and producer. He has been described as an actor who reconfigured "the concept of classic movie stardom", ...more
- Sir Thomas Sean Connery (25 August 1930 – 31 October 2020) was a retired Scottish actor and producer, who during his life won an Academy Award, two BAFTA Awards, one being a BAFTA Academy Fellowship ...more
- Harrison Ford (born July 13, 1942) is an American actor. He gained worldwide fame for his starring roles as Han Solo in the Star Wars film series and as the title character of the Indiana Jones movie ...more
- Morgan Freeman (born June 1, 1937) is an American actor, film director, and film narrator. Freeman won an Academy Award in 2005 for Best Supporting Actor with Million Dollar Baby (2004), and he has ...more
- Alfredo James Pacino (born April 25, 1940), known professionally as Al Pacino, is an American actor and filmmaker who has had a career spanning more than five decades. He has received numerous ...more
- Christopher Walken (born Ronald Walken, March 31, 1943) is an American actor, dancer, director, screenwriter, and playwright who has appeared in more than 100 films and television programs, including ...more
- Samuel Pack Elliott (born August 9, 1944) is an American actor. His lanky physique, thick moustache, deep and resonant voice and Western drawl have led to frequent roles as cowboys and ranchers. His ...more
- Marlon Brando Jr. (April 3, 1924 – July 1, 2004) was an American actor and film director. With a career spanning 60 years, he is well-regarded for his cultural influence on 20th-century film. ...more
- Samuel Leroy Jackson (born December 21, 1948) is an American actor and film producer. A recipient of critical acclaim and numerous accolades and awards, Jackson is the actor whose films have made the ...more
- Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins (born 31 December 1937) is a Welsh actor, director, and producer. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1992, and was nominated three additional times. Hopkins has ...more
- Robert John Downey Jr. (born April 4, 1965) is an American actor, producer and singer. His career has been characterized by critical and popular notoriety in his youth, followed by a period of ...more
- Hugh Michael Jackman (born 12 October 1968) is an Australian actor, singer, and producer. He is best known for playing Wolverine in the X-Men film series from 2000 to 2018, a role for which he holds ...more
- Sir Michael Caine (born 14 March 1933) is an English actor, producer and author. He has appeared in more than 130 films in a career spanning 70 years and is considered a British film icon. Known for ...more
- Charles Robert Redford Jr. (born August 18, 1936) is an American retired actor, director, producer, and businessman. He is the founder of the Sundance Film Festival. Redford began acting on ...more
- Robert Anthony De Niro Jr. (born August 17, 1943) is an American-Italian actor, producer, and director. He is a recipient of numerous accolades, including two Academy Awards, a Golden Globe Award, ...more
- Keanu Charles Reeves ( kee-AH-noo; born September 2, 1964) is a Canadian actor and musician. He gained fame for his starring roles in several blockbuster films, including comedies from the Bill and ...more
- Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman (21 February 1946 – 14 January 2016) was an English actor and director. Rickman trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London and became a member of the Royal ...more
- Humphrey DeForest Bogart (; December 25, 1899 – January 14, 1957) was an American film and theater actor. His performances in numerous films from the Classical Hollywood era made him a cultural icon. ...more
- Liam John Neeson (born 7 June 1952) is an actor from Northern Ireland. He has been nominated for a number of awards, including an Academy Award for Best Actor, a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a ...more
- John Joseph Nicholson (born April 22, 1937) is an American actor and filmmaker who has performed for over sixty years. He is known for playing a wide range of starring or supporting roles, including ...more
- Clinton Eastwood Jr. (born May 31, 1930) is an American actor, filmmaker, musician, and politician. After achieving success in the Western TV series Rawhide, he rose to international fame with his ...more
- Jeffrey Leon Bridges (born December 4, 1949) is an American actor, singer, and producer. He comes from a prominent acting family and appeared on the television series Sea Hunt (1958–60), with his ...more
- John Christopher Depp II (born June 9, 1963) is an American actor, producer, and musician. He has been nominated for 10 Golden Globe Awards, winning one for Best Actor for his performance of the ...more
- Tommy Lee Jones (born September 15, 1946) is an American actor and filmmaker. He has received four Academy Award nominations, winning Best Supporting Actor for his performance as U.S. Marshal Samuel ...more
- Cary Grant (born Archibald Alec Leach; January 18, 1904 – November 29, 1986) was an English-born American actor, known as one of classic Hollywood's definitive leading men. He began a career in ...more