Reality shows are stupid. No one's really denying it at this point. Yet they continue to prove massively popular - if arguably not as huge as they once were at the height of the reality craze. These days, with the ascension of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Toddlers and Tiaras, Jersey Shore, and many more, one could argue that the genre has sunk to a new and previously unexplored low point. A valley many would probably have thought didn't even exist in the early 2000s, when reality TV's worst crimes seemed to be limited to insulting the audience's intelligence and making Jesse Camp famous.
From Celebrity Apprentice, to Duck Dynasty and Hoarders, and even that one (and by "one" we mean 17) about how the contestants are totally not here to make friends, this is a rundown of the stupidest, most banal, most shrill, truly bad, and just stupidest reality shows ever made. If you've ever wondered "Could any show be more repetitive and pointless than America's Next Top Model?" this is the list for you.
These are the worst reality shows ever, in all time, for all of TV history. Vote up the stupid reality shows that made TV worse by existing. Then check out trashy shows you can't help but love, because at least some TV shows do it right.
- Life with the Kardashian family.
- Toddlers & Tiaras (TLC, 2009) is an American reality television series. The series follows the families of contestants in child beauty pageants.
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo (TLC, 2012) is an American reality television series. It features the family of child beauty pageant contestant Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson.
- Jersey Shore (MTV, 2009) is an American reality television series created by SallyAnn Salsano. EIght housemates live together at a vacation home and experience friendships, romance, and drama.
- For the Love of Ray J is a dating show on VH1 featuring hip hop singer Ray J. The program has a format similar to Flavor of Love, I Love New York, and Rock of Love. In reference to the series, Ray J ...more
- The Real Housewives of D.C. (Bravo, 2010) is an American reality television series and the fifth installment of The Real Housewives franchise. It documents the personal and professional lives of ...more
- The Real Housewives of Orange County (Bravo, 2006) is an American reality television series. It has aired nine seasons and focuses on the personal and professional lives of several women residing in ...more
- Britney and Kevin: Chaotic (UPN, 2005) is an American reality television series created by Anthony E. Zuiker. Starring American recording artist Britney Spears and her then-husband Kevin Federline, ...more
- Kourtney and Kim Kardashian head to New York to open their newest store.
- Megan Wants a Millionaire is an American reality television show on VH1 in which former Rock of Love contestant Megan Hauserman has seventeen wealthy single men compete for her love. The show ...more
- Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire? was a Fox network reality show in which a multi-millionaire named Rick Rockwell married the contest winner, Darva Conger, on television. The show was aired as ...more
- Talk about kid-tested: Jon and Kate Gosselin have their hands full raising twins Cara and Madelyn, not to mention their sextuplets, Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel. This reality series ...more
- The Ashlee Simpson Show (MTV, 2004) is an American reality television show. It focuses on the beginnings of Ashlee Simpson's career as a singer and the creation and release of her debut album.
- In this social experiment, four couples at a crossroad in their relationship put their love to the test by giving "single life" a try. On the Hawaiian island of Maui, they'll take a break from each ...more
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta (Bravo, 2008) is an American reality television series and the third installment of The Real Housewives franchise. It focuses on the personal and professional lives of ...more
- Single women compete to be Flavor Flav's new romance.
- Seagal invites viewers to ride along as he and his team of deputies respond to crimes in progress.
- The Littlest Groom was a reality television miniseries that aired for two episodes on the Fox network in 2004. Modelled on The Bachelor, the miniseries followed salesman Glen Foster, a 4'5" little ...more
- This hourlong documentary series focuses on the issue of teen pregnancy, with each episode detailing the wide variety of challenges -- marriage, adoption, finances, gossip and graduating high school ...more
- Too Hot to Handle (Netflix, 2020) is a reality television dating game show. The series follows ten singles as they travel to find love and $100,000. However, while on the island, the contestants ...more
- The Simple Life (Fox, 2003) is an American reality television series created by Mary-Ellis Bunim and Jonathan Murray. The series depicts two wealthy socialites, Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, as ...more
- Popular American dating show from New York.
- The "Stallionaire" brothers search for romance.
- The Swan was a 2004 American reality television program broadcast on Fox in which women who were judged to be ugly were given "extreme makeovers" that included several forms of plastic surgery. The ...more
- Date My Mom is a television dating show airing on the music channel MTV and produced by Kalissa Productions. The series premiered on November 15, 2004 and ended in 2006. An 18- to 24-year-old male, ...more