The Best Shows that Won the Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series
Only shows that have won an Emmy for Best Comedy Series
Every "Outstanding Comedy Series" Emmy winner ever, ranked in order of preference by the Ranker community. Vote for your favorite all-time comedy series on the list below and vote down the ones you don't like. The Outstanding Comedy Series Emmy award was first handed out in 1953, only 4 years after the creation of the Emmy Awards.The show that has won the award the most times is "Frasier," with 5 wins. Both "Cheers" and "M*A*S*H" were nominated for the award a record 11 times. More recently, "30 Rock" swept the award for 3 straight years from 2007 to 2009. There have also been many notable, popular comedy shows that have been snubbed by the Emmys, including "Curb Your Enthusiasm," "Two and a Half Men" and "Roseanne."
- WON: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998The psychiatrist helms a radio call-in show in Seattle.
- WON: 2006Workers plod along at Dunder Mifflin's paper-supply company.
- WON: 1983, 1984, 1989, 1991Sam Malone, former reliever for the Red Sox, runs a Boston bar where "everybody knows your name."
- WON: 1953, 1954Lucy Ricardo makes life difficult for her Cuban bandleader husband.
- WON: 1974Army surgeons blow off steam between hours of combat surgery.
- WON: 1978Archie Bunker's bigoted ideas conflict with those of everyone around him.