The Most Beautiful Buildings in the World
Vote up the most beautiful structures.
Pictures of the most beautiful buildings in the world can hardly do justice to some of the most breathtaking structures on Earth, but the list of the greatest buildings in the world attempts to rank these gorgeous buildings based on the eye-catching beauty. This list of famous buildings includes famous monuments, cathedrals, and other amazing feats of architecture renowned around the world for their form, function, and beauty.What are the most beautiful buildings on Earth? From the temples of Ankgor Wat to the grandeur of the Burg Khalifa in Dubai and the beauty of the Taj Mahal, there are dozens- if not hundreds- of amazing buildings to visit in the world and the list of the top buildings to see in the world has most of them.
- 1892 VOTES
Hohenzollern CastlePhoto: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainHohenzollern Castle is a castle approximately 50 kilometers south of Stuttgart, Germany. It is considered the ancestral seat of the Hohenzollern family, which emerged in the Middle Ages and eventually became German Emperors. The castle is located on top of Berg Hohenzollern, at an elevation of 855 meters above sea level; 234 m above the towns of Hechingen and nearby Bisingen, to the south. Both are located at the foothills of the Swabian Alps. The castle was first constructed in the early 11th century. Over the centuries the House of Hohenzollern split into several branches, but the castle remained the property of the Swabian branch of the family, who were the dynastic seniors of the ...more
- 22,864 VOTESThe Hungarian Parliament Building is the seat of the National Assembly of Hungary, one of Europe's oldest legislative buildings, a notable landmark of Hungary and a popular tourist destination of Budapest. It lies in Lajos Kossuth Square, on the bank of the Danube. It is currently the largest building in Hungary and still the highest building in Budapest.
- Located In: Budapest, Hungary
- 33,800 VOTESPhoto: sandeepachetan.com / flickr / CC-BY-NC-ND 2.0The Taj Mahal is a white marble mausoleum located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India. Commissioned in 1632 by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan to house the tomb of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal, the Taj Mahal stands on the southern bank of the Yamuna River. The mausoleum is widely recognized as "the jewel of Muslim art in India" and remains as one of the world’s most celebrated structures and a symbol of India’s rich history. Regarded by many as the best example of the Mughal architecture, it is a perfect blend combining elements from Islamic, Persian, Ottoman Turkish as well as Indian architectural styles. The famed mausoleum complex of white domed marble of the Taj Mahal actually is an integrated ...more
- Located In: Uttar Pradesh, India
- 42,345 VOTES
City of PetraPhoto: Merlijn Hoek / flickr / CC-BY-NC-ND 2.0
- Located In: Ma'an, Jordan
- 53,232 VOTESMilan Cathedral is the cathedral church of Milan, Italy. Dedicated to St Mary of the Nativity, it is the seat of the Archbishop of Milan, currently Cardinal Angelo Scola. The Gothic cathedral took nearly six centuries to complete. It is the 5th-largest church in the world and the largest in Italy.
- Located In: Milan, Italy
- 63,646 VOTESNeuschwanstein Castle is a nineteenth-century Romanesque Revival palace on a rugged hill above the village of Hohenschwangau near Füssen in southwest Bavaria, Germany. The palace was commissioned by Ludwig II of Bavaria as a retreat and as an homage to Richard Wagner. Ludwig paid for the palace out of his personal fortune and by means of extensive borrowing, rather than Bavarian public funds. The palace was intended as a personal refuge for the reclusive king, but it was opened to the paying public immediately after his death in 1886. Since then more than 61 million people have visited Neuschwanstein Castle. More than 1.3 million people visit annually, with as many as 6,000 per day in the ...more
- Located In: Bavaria, Germany