This is a list of the most influential people of all of human history. This means that the individuals on this list have had a significant effect on how regular people live their lives today and have had a large impact on how modern society works. The names on this list include iconic religious figures, recognizable scientists and inventors, and some of the most powerful important leaders in world history. Vote for your top choices and re-rank this list your way.
What makes an individual worthy of a spot on a list of the most influential people ever? Certainly, some of the greatest minds of all time deserve to be ranked highly. Examples include Leonardo da Vinci, Sir Isaac Newton, and certainly Albert Einstein. Each one of these incredible and inspirational people used the power of their minds to change the world. Not surprisingly, several names on this list are also among the most famous role models we'd like to meet in person.
Featuring historical figures, interesting men, and impactful people, this list of the world's most legendary figures have had all kinds of effects on the biggest and historic events.
And modern-era figures also deserve to be listed here. Can anyone argue that Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg aren't among the most influential contemporary Americans? It's time to add your opinions on who you believe are the most influential people in history, with your votes and your rankings.
- Jesus (c. 4 BC – c. AD 30 / 33), also referred to as Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus Christ, was a... more on Wikipedia60,26137,167
Birthplace: Smiljan, CroatiaNikola Tesla was a Serbian American inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer,... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Rome, ItalyGaius Julius Caesar (12 July 100 BC – 15 March 44 BC) was a Roman general and statesman who... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Warsaw, Second Polish RepublicMarie Skłodowska Curie ( KEWR-ee, French: [kyʁi], Polish: [kʲiˈri]; born Maria Salomea... more on Wikipedia
- The Wright brothers, Orville and Wilbur, were two American brothers, inventors, and aviation... more on Wikipedia9,5505,905
Birthplace: Kentucky, Hodgenville, United States of America, United States, with TerritoriesAbraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865) was an American statesman and lawyer who... more on Wikipedia
- Moses () was a prophet according to the teachings of the Abrahamic religions. Scholarly... more on Wikipedia22,71115,031
- Archimedes of Syracuse (; Greek: Ἀρχιμήδης; c. 287 – c. 212 BC) was a Greek mathematician,... more on Wikipedia6,2734,038
Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, USABenjamin Franklin (January 17, 1706 [O.S. January 6, 1705] – April 17, 1790) was an American... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of AmericaMartin Luther King Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968) was an American Baptist minister and... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Ulm, GermanyAlbert Einstein ( EYEN-styne; German: [ˈalbɛɐ̯t ˈʔaɪnʃtaɪn] (listen); 14 March 1879 – 18 April... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Vinci, ItalyLeonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was an Italian polymath, painter, sculptor, architect,... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Oxford, United KingdomStephen William Hawking (8 January 1942 – 14 March 2018) was an English theoretical... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Bonn, GermanyLudwig van Beethoven ( (listen); German: [ˈluːtvɪç fan ˈbeːthoːfn̩] (listen); baptised 17... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Dole, FranceLouis Pasteur (, French: [lwi pastœʁ]; December 27, 1822 – September 28, 1895) was a French... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Caprese Michelangelo, ItalyMichelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, commonly known as Michelangelo, was an Italian... more on Wikipedia
- Socrates (; Ancient Greek: Σωκρᾰ́της, romanized: Sōkrátēs, [sɔːkrátɛːs]; c. 470 – 399 BC) was... more on Wikipedia19,89413,768
Birthplace: Woolsthorpe-by-Colsterworth, United KingdomSir Isaac Newton (25 December 1642 – 20 March 1726/27) was an English mathematician,... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Porbandar, IndiaMohandas Karamchand Gandhi (; 2 October 1869 – 30 January 1948) was an Indian lawyer,... more on Wikipedia
- Genghis Khan (born Temüjin, c. 1162 – August 18, 1227) was the founder and first Great Khan... more on Wikipedia13,2589,210
- Muhammad (Arabic: مُحمّد, pronounced [muħammad]; c. 570 CE – 8 June 632 CE) was an Arab... more on Wikipedia51,71036,185
Birthplace: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, United KingdomSir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill (30 November 1874 – 24 January 1965) was a British... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Edinburgh, United KingdomAlexander Graham Bell ('Graham' pronounced ) (March 3, 1847 – August 2, 1922) was a ... more on Wikipedia
- Pythagoras of Samos (c. 570 – c. 495 BC) was an ancient Ionian Greek philosopher and the... more on Wikipedia7,6495,235
Birthplace: Pisa, ItalyGalileo Galilei ( GAL-il-AY-oh, also US: -EE-oh, Italian: [ɡaliˈlɛːo ɡaliˈlɛi]; 15 February... more on Wikipedia