These photos of young Paul McCartney feature one of the most celebrated musicians of all time. Alongside Ringo Starr, George Harrison and John Lennon, McCartney is music royalty as a member of The Beatles. But for those of you young enough to not remember that career-changing appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, check out these pictures to find out what Paul McCartney looked like when he was young.
Paul McCartney is easily regarded as one of the world’s most successful composers and performers of all time, selling over 100 million albums both with his work with The Beatles and as a solo artist. He was co-author of the song “Yesterday,” which has been covered by over 2,200 other musicians. He is also the recipient of 21 Grammy Awards and he has written 32 songs that have hit number one status on the Billboard Hot 100 list. England knighted him in 1997 for his successful career as a musician. He has also participated as a contributor of several different charities, including arenas like poverty issues, animal rights, musical education and vegetarianism. “Beatlemania” fans dubbed him “the cute Beatle.”Check out these rare photos from Paul McCartney when he was young to see the evolution from that little boy from Liverpool, England, into one of the greatest living songwriters of all time.
1. Young Paul McCartney in a Black Leather JacketPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
2. Young Paul McCartney in a Black Coat and Gray ShirtPhoto: flickr / CC0
3. Young Paul McCartney Smoking a CigarettePhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
4. Young Paul McCartney in a Suit and TiePhoto: flickr / CC0
5. Young Paul McCartney in a White Buttondown and Black VestPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
6. Young Paul McCartney Closeup Side Profile ShotPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License