Who says marching band is for freaks and geeks? This list of famous people who were once in marching bands have gone on past their high school band careers to transcend stereotypes along with the instruments they once played. The celebrities here may surprise you as all have come a long way from their football field formations to become household names.
Well before these stars were among the hottest celebrities of all time, they were just another face in the crowd as a member of their school's marching band. It's hard to believe that move stars like, Halle Berry, Julia Roberts, Samuel L. Jackson, and Tommy Lee were once dressed up in their school's colors and parading around in unison, but that's the truth. Berry played the flute, Roberts sounded the clarinet, Jackson sported a French horn, and Lee, just as he does for a living now, played the drums.
Just like Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, many of these celebrities went on to have successful careers in music after their marching band days ended. Celine Dion, Gwen Stefani, Lionel Richie, Steven Tyler, Trent Reznor, and Aretha Franklin are just a few who took their musical talents to the next level.What celebrities played in the marching band? Even President Bill Clinton was once in marching band, proving that band geeks are far from freaks and may even surprise you when they go on to become famous celebrities, world-champion professional athletes, and even world leaders.
- Age: 49
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, USA
- Profession: Spokesperson, Businessperson, Television producer, Film Producer, Actor
- Schools: George Washington High School, Denison University
- Age: 44
- Birthplace: Daytona Beach, Florida, United States of America
- Profession: Basketball player, Athlete
- Schools: Mainland High School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: Fullerton, California, USA
- Profession: Fashion designer, Record producer, Singer-songwriter, Designer, Actor
- Schools: Fullerton College, Loara High School, California State University, Fullerton
- Age: 75
- Birthplace: Hope, Arkansas, USA
- Profession: Statesman, Politician, Author, Lawyer, Teacher
- Schools: Ramble Elementary, Yale University, Yale Law School, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, University College