List of celebrities who got their start on kids shows, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Several famous actors, actresses, and musicians have appeared on kids shows. Many celebrities appeared on popular shows like "The Mickey Mouse Club," "Kids Incorporated," and "All That." Some actors who were already adults appeared on Sesame Street when they were first starting out.
Who is the most famous person who started on a kids show? Jessica Alba tops our list. When she was 13, the Sin City actress appeared on the Nickelodeon comedy series "The Secret World of Alex Mack". Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Keri Russell all got their starts on "The Mickey Mouse Club," whereas Fergie and Jennifer Love Hewitt both appeared on "Kids Incorporated."
Academy Award winning actor Alan Arkin appeared in several episodes of "Sesame Street" from 1970-1971. Raul Julia also appeared in four episodes of "Sesame Street" in the early-70s. Demi Lovato appeared on "Barney & Friends" alongside Selena Gomez. Shia LaBeouf appeared on The Disney Channel show "Even Stevens" in the early 2000s. He even earned a Daytime Emmy Award for the performance.
Do you think that starting out on kids shows helped these celebrities to succeed? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- When she was 13, Jessica Alba appeared on the Nickelodeon comedy series "The Secret World of Alex Mack."
- Age: 41
- Birthplace: Pomona, California, USA
- Britney Spears appeared on "The Mickey Mouse Club" in 1992.
- Age: 40
- Birthplace: McComb, Mississippi, United States of America
Leonardo DiCaprio appeared on "Romper Room" when he was only five years old. He was reportedly asked to leave the set for being too disruptive. He also appeared on multiple seasons of Growing Pains."
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California
- Miley Cyrus got her start on the Disney program "Hannah Montana, on which she appeared from 2006-2011.
- Age: 29
- Birthplace: Nashville, Tennessee, USA