Lobsters, shrimp, crabs...no matter what the dish, these stars are going to have to pass! Did you know that several famous actors, musicians, and athletes are allergic to shellfish? Some of these celebrities have kept quiet about their shellfish allergies, while others have spoken openly about it in interviews. Be sure never to offer these famous celebs ceviche, clam chowder, paella, or shrimp cocktail. One famous athlete almost ended his career after eating shrimp!
Who is the most famous person with a shellfish allergy? Halle Berry tops our list. The “Catwoman” actress is reportedly allergic to shrimp. Similarly, Billy Bob Thornton has in intolerance for shellfish, in addition to wheat and dairy. “American Idol” alum Clay Aiken is allergic to several things including peanuts, tree nuts, mushrooms, coffee, chocolate, mint, and, of course, shellfish.
NFL player Adrian Peterson is extremely allergic to shrimp. In 2012, he went into anaphylactic shock after eating a bowl of seafood gumbo. "Supernanny" Jo Frost has several allergies as well. She says, "I’m allergic to all nuts, peanuts, crustaceans, and rye. I have asthma that’s triggered by tobacco, severe changes in weather, pollen, strong household cleaning products, mold, animal dander, lilies. And with perfumes, anything very flowery is a problem for me."
Are you surprised that so many celebrities are allergic to shellfish? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: flickr / CC0Halle Berry is reportedly allergic to shrimp.
- Age: 54
- Birthplace: USA, Cleveland, Ohio
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYMartha Stewart is reportedly allergic to lobster.
- Age: 79
- Birthplace: Jersey City, New Jersey, United States of America
- Photo: flickr / CC0Steve Martin is known to be allergic to shellfish.
- Age: 75
- Birthplace: Waco, Texas, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseBilly Bob Thornton has in intolerance for shellfish, wheat and dairy.
- Age: 65
- Birthplace: Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States of America