Molly Ringwald, Judd Nelson, Andrew McCarthy – these are just some of the '80s actors who are synonymous with the decade that gave fans movies like Pretty in Pink and The Breakfast Club.
Though their movies may be frozen in time, these actors are anything but. Unlike ‘80s stars who seemed to disappear, many of the most popular actors of the 1980s went on to have long careers in Hollywood. Some found steady work on long-running television shows, while others embraced new challenges and found artistic purpose behind the camera. A surprising number of them went on to become writers and directors.
These actors didn’t let their early success define them. Instead, they used it as a foundation to build careers that will last a lifetime.
- 122 VOTESPhoto: Ferris Bueller's Day Off / Paramount Pictures
- 221 VOTESPhoto: La Bamba / Columbia Pictures
- 318 VOTESPhoto: Pretty in Pink / Paramount Pictures
- Photo: The Breakfast Club / Universal Pictures
- Photo: Adventures in Babysitting / Buena Vista Pictures Distribution
- Photo: An Officer and a Gentleman / Paramount Pictures