Was there a better era for heartthrobs than the '90s? The decade was a magical time for teen boys who were total dreamboats. But as hot as your fave '90s boy toy may have been on TGIF, would you bang your '90s crush now? Not only are you different people these days, but most of your boy crushes from the '90s peaked in 1996. What do your '90s crushes look like now? And do you really want to spend a night in Sherman Oaks making out with a guy who won’t stop talking about the buffet at Danielle Fishel’s wedding?
Is your '90s boy crush still hot? You want to pretend like it doesn’t matter. You want to act like nothing's changed, even if they no longer resemble that Tiger Beat poster you smooched every day before leaving to catch the bus. But deep down, you know you can’t stop thinking about whether Devon Sawa still has those haunting eyes, or if he just looks haunted. Read to the end to find out if your '90s teen boy crushes are still cutie pies, and maybe consider printing out this list and taping it to your mirror. No judgment.
- Photo: Buena Vista Television/Disney Channel
Then: Rider Strong always seemed like the bad boy actor who would find you across a crowded Boy Meets World wrap party, take you by the hand, and lead you to an arcade on his Vespa where you would play Street Fighter II until he got you home just after curfew.
Now: No one stays hot forever, and that's OK. At least Strong's still working. And you never know - he might still take you to that arcade.
Would You Still Hit It?: Your call.
- Age: 40
- Birthplace: California, United States of America
- Credits: Boy Meets World, Kim Possible, Cabin Fever, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever, Kim Possible Movie: So the Drama
- Photo: Buena Vista Television/20th Television
Then: Was there another '90s heartthrob as ubiquitous as JTT? He was the crown prince of Tiger Beat, J-14, and Teeny Teen Boy Magazine: The Magazine For Teens By Teens. Home Improvement wasn't for everyone, but there wasn't a pre-teen girl who wouldn't put up with Tim Allen for the love of Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
Now: JTT may not act as much anymore, but here are some facts: dude still looks good. Dude went to Harvard. Dude still has amazing hair.
Would You Still Hit It?: Do you even have to ask?
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Credits: The Lion King, Home Improvement, Tom and Huck, Wild America
- Photo: flickr / CC0
Then: The most dangerous of Backstreet Boys, AJ McLean's pencil goatee and 69 belly button tattoo was too much for anyone in the '90s to withstand.
Now: The guy has had a rough go of it since the end of the '90s, but he's still working on music. Though, to be fair, McLean also looks like a guy who would sell you bunk molly at Coachella.
Would You Still Hit It?: To each their own.
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: West Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America
- Credits: This Is the End, Nickelodeon Guts, Olive Juice, Truth or Dare?
- Photo: Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution/Syfy
Then: You probably don't think about Jaleel White being a '90s heartthrob, mostly because he was She's All That-ed into wearing glasses and suspenders as Urkel - but he totally was. Charisma for days!
Now: If you watch a lot of the Syfy Channel, then you know White is still working, though he might wish he wasn't being constantly eaten by Mega Sharks and Crocasauruses.
Would You Still Hit It?: If you did, you could honestly say, "Did I do that?"
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: Culver City, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Credits: Family Matters,Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog,Sonic Underground,Dreamgirls