Actors Who Played Multiple Roles in the Same Film
Several famous actors and actresses have played different characters in the same movie. Sometimes actors play characters who are related to each other - or are even identical twins - while other times they play characters that look alike for other reasons. This list of actors who played multiple roles in the same film is loosely ranked by fame and popularity.
Who is the most famous actor who has played multiple characters in the same film? Scarlett Johannson tops our list. Johansson played Jordan Two Delta and Sarah Jordan in The Island (2005). Her co-star Ewan McGregor also played two roles in the film, Lincoln Six Echo and Tom Lincoln.
Comedic actors regularly play multiple roles in their films. Eddie Murphy, Adam Sandler, and Mike Meyers have all played more than one character in films they have been in.Do you think it would be difficult to play several characters in one film? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: Adaptation / Columbia PicturesNicolas Cage played Charlie Kaufman and Donald Kaufman in Adaptation (2002).
- Photo: The Island / ParamountScarlett Johansson played Jordan Two Delta and Sarah Jordan in The Island (2005).
- Photo: Leaves of Grass / FilmRiseEdward Norton played Bill Kincaid and Brady Kincaid in Leaves of Grass (2009).
- Photo: nicogenin / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0Marion Cotillard played Marie and Lucie in Pretty Things (2001).
- Photo: The Man in the Iron Mask / MGM
- Photo: Cloud Atlas / Warner Bros.Tom Hanks played Dr. Henry Goose, Hotel Manager, Isaac Sachs, Dermot Hoggins, Cavendish Look-a-like Actor, and Zachary in Cloud Atlas (2012).