List of the best Alan Arkin movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Alan Arkin's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Alan Arkin movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Alan Arkin movies will be at the top of the list. Alan Arkin has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Alan Arkin movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Alan Arkin films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Alan Arkin role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Alan Arkin performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Eros and So I Married an Axe Murderer are included on this list along with many more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Alan Arkin movies?" and "What are the greatest Alan Arkin roles of all time?"
Tim Burton and Steven Soderbergh are among those who have directed Alan Arkin at one point or another during their careers in the film industry. Is Alan Arkin your favorite person to watch on the big screen? You might also want to vote on our best Paul Giamatti and Martin Landau films lists too.
- Little Miss Sunshine is a 2006 American comedy-drama road film and the directorial film debut of the husband-wife team of Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris. The screenplay was written by first-time ...more
- This scathing war satire follows Capt. John Yossarian (Alan Arkin), a pilot stationed in the Mediterranean who flies bombing missions during World War II. Attempting to cope with the madness of armed ...more
- Argo is a 2012 American political thriller film directed by Ben Affleck. The film is adapted from U.S. Central Intelligence Agency operative Tony Mendez's book The Master of Disguise and Joshuah ...more
- The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming is a 1966 American comedy film directed by Norman Jewison. It is based on the Nathaniel Benchley novel The Off-Islanders, and was adapted for the ...more
- When an office full of New York City real estate salesmen is given the news that all but the top two will be fired at the end of the week, the atmosphere begins to heat up. Shelley Levene (Jack ...more
- In this adaptation of the Carson McCullers novel, John Singer (Alan Arkin), who is deaf and mute, tries to help the people around him. He rents a bedroom in a small Southern town to be closer to his ...more
- Mild-mannered dentist Sheldon Kornpett (Alan Arkin) is uncomfortable with his daughter's marriage after meeting her future father-in-law, Vincent Ricardo (Peter Falk). Over dinner, Vince tells ...more
- After a flight back home, Sam Hendrix (Efrem Zimbalist Jr.) returns with a doll he innocently acquired along the way. As it turns out, the doll is actually stuffed with heroin, and a group of ...more
- A scientist (Vincent Price) builds an animated human being -- the gentle Edward (Johnny Depp). The scientist dies before he can finish assembling Edward, though, leaving the young man with a freakish ...more
- Genial Puerto Rican widower Abraham Rodriguez (Alan Arkin), known as "Popi" to his preteen sons, grapples with poverty and hardship in their Spanish Harlem neighborhood. Desperate to provide his sons ...more
- Freebie and the Bean is a 1974 action-comedy film about two San Francisco police detectives who attempt to bring down a local hijacking boss. The picture, a precursor to the buddy cop film genre ...more
- Grosse Pointe Blank is a 1997 American comedy film directed by George Armitage, and starring John Cusack, Minnie Driver, Alan Arkin and Dan Aykroyd. The film received positive reviews from critics. ...more
- Escape from Sobibor is a 1987 British made-for-TV film which aired on CBS. It is the story of the mass escape from the extermination camp at Sobibor, the most successful uprising by Jewish prisoners ...more
- In 1970, Russian radio operator Simas Kudirka (Alan Arkin) jumps aboard the deck of a U.S. Coast Guard ship in Martha's Vineyard and announces his intention to defect. But, because of a quirk in ...more
- Though they once seemed to have a bright future, life seems to be passing by the Norkowski sisters. Rose (Amy Adams), once the most popular girl in high school, is a single mom and works as a maid. ...more
- Unca Lou (Alan Arkin), the longtime director of an Ontario summer camp, brings a group of former campers back for a 20-year reunion. But now, they're all facing very adult problems. Beth (Diane Lane) ...more
- Cliff Secord (Bill Campbell) is a cocky stunt pilot in love with a beautiful actress, Jenny Blake (Jennifer Connelly). When he discovers a jet pack hidden in a biplane, Cliff straps on the rocket, ...more
- In this bizarre twist on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's classic detective tales, Sherlock Holmes (Nicol Williamson) finds himself experiencing vivid hallucinations resulting from his cocaine addiction. ...more
- Newlyweds John and Jenny Grogan (Owen Wilson, Jennifer Aniston) leave behind snowy Michigan and move to Florida, where they buy their first home and find jobs at competing newspapers. Soon afterward, ...more
- Vincent Freeman (Ethan Hawke) has always fantasized about traveling into outer space, but is grounded by his status as a genetically inferior "in-valid." He decides to fight his fate by purchasing ...more
- During the 1930s, endearingly naïve Lewis Tater (Jeff Bridges) aspires to be the next great American Western writer. But when he travels to California, he's recruited by Bert Kessler (Alan Arkin), a ...more
- Patsy (Marcia Rodd) and Alfred (Elliott Gould) meet when she rescues him from a beating on the crime-ridden streets of New York City. Patsy is immediately taken aback by Alfred's apathetic approach ...more
- Just after a bad breakup, Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers) falls for lovely butcher Harriet Michaels (Nancy Travis) and introduces her to his parents. But, as voracious consumers of sensational ...more
- Slums of Beverly Hills is a 1998 American comedy film directed by Tamara Jenkins. A lower-class teenager (Natasha Lyonne) struggles to live with her unmanageable family after being forced to be ...more
- The Change-Up is a 2011 American comedy film produced and directed by David Dobkin, written by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore, and starring Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman. The film was released on August ...more