For the equestrian gamers out there, this is a list of the best horse racing video games of all time. After all, automotive racing games aren’t for everyone and some people prefer the refined feel of horse racing. This list of the best horse racing games spans the entire history of gaming, across multiple consoles and platforms. So if you want some good horseplay at the virtual derby, these are the best games to play as ranked by fans. Also be sure to vote up your favorite horse racing games that you like playing.
If you’re new to horse racing games, some of these top long-running franchises may not be familiar to you, but you can be assured that they are fun. So even if you’ve never heard of Starters Orders 6, Melbourne Cup Challenge, or Winning Post 7 Maximum 2008, you should give them a try just based on fan votes. Just make sure to stick to making virtual horse race bets and not putting real money on the line. In addition to older classics, there are plenty of new horse racing games on this list as well, including Phar Lap: Horse Racing Challenge for the PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.
So if you’re wondering what are the what are the best horse racing games to play, just look below to see what gamers think. Don’t see a good horse racing sim listed? Be sure to add it to the list below, so others can vote on it.
- Starters Orders 6 is a detailed horse racing management game for the PC and Mac with realistic races, in-depth form and past performances and world wide racing. It also includes experimental Oculus Rift VR headset support. The game is a download only available from www.startersorders.com
Gallop Racer is a horse racing video game, created by Tecmo. Originally for the arcades, it is available on the PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PC platforms. Thus far, there have been eight editions ...more
- Platform: PlayStation 2, PlayStation
- G1 Jockey 4 2007 is a horse racing simulator published by Koei for the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 in Japan on November 1, 2007. It is the sequel of G1 Jockey 4.
Melbourne Cup Challenge is a horse racing simulation video game based on the Melbourne Cup. It was developed by Sidhe Interactive and was published by Tru Blu Entertainment. The game was released in ...more
- Developer: Sidhe
- Platform: PlayStation 2, Xbox, Personal computer
- Derby Owners Club is a horse racing simulation arcade game made by Sega-AM3. The format of the game is a player uses one of several consoles at the arcade to train horses, and then races them against ...more
- Detailed and realistic horse racing management game published in 2012. Mainly focused on UK horse racing.
Winning Post 7 Maximum 2008 is a multiplatform horse racing simulator published by Koei for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii and Microsoft Windows It was released only in Japan on March 13, ...more
- Developer: Koei
- Platform: PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, Wii
- Developer: 4J Studios
- Platform: Xbox, PlayStation 2
- Winning Post 7 Maximum 2007 is a horse racing simulator published by Koei for the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 in Japan on March 29, 2007. It is the sequel of Winning Post 7 and is followed by ...more
- Developer: Prodigy Design Limited
- Computer Nouryoku Kaiseki: Ultra Baken is a horse racing simulation video game for the Super Famicom where players can manipulate the lives of horses.