People magazine has been churning out the Sexiest Man Alive issue since 1985. Each year, their magazine covers have been graced with chiseled jawlines, sculpted abs, and smoldering gazes. (Except 1994. That was a dark time for all of us.) Starting with Mel Gibson, the list has grown over the years to include some seriously hot dudes. Who has been named People's Sexiest Man Alive? Where can you see all covers of the Sexiest Man Alive issues? Right here, of course!
John F. Kennedy Jr. was the youngest man to be awarded the title Sexiest Man Alive at age 27 in 1988. He's also the only non-actor on the list. Sean Connery, on the other hand, is the oldest man to ever be awarded Sexiest Man Alive. He was 59 years old in 1989 when his face adorned the cover of this very special annual issue of People magazine.
There are only four guys who have been featured more than once. It shouldn't surprise anyone that Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, and George Clooney have each been Sexiest Man Alive twice. In 1993, People decided to switch it up a little by naming Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford the Sexiest Couple Alive, but after their divorce, Gere was eligible to be named Sexiest Man Alive in 1999.
Who's your favorite cover-dude from People's Sexiest Man Alive list?
- Age: 33
- Birthplace: Santa Ana, California
- Profession: Actor
- Age: 41
- Birthplace: Springfield, Ohio, United States of America
- Profession: Television producer, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Film Producer, Actor
- Height: 5'9"
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: London Borough of Hackney, London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Rapper, Television producer, Film Producer, Actor, Disc jockey
- Height: 6'2"
- Age: 44
- Birthplace: Ada, Oklahoma, United States of America
- Profession: Voice Coach, Record producer, Songwriter, Musician, Author
- Height: 6'5"