Every one of these gentlemen is a dad with kids of their own, but something about the things they say, the "dad jokes" they make, and the stances they take make them all of our dads. To figure out what makes a man America's Dad in 2019, it's important to dig through their Twitter feeds and other social media platforms to see what they have been telling people. Is America's Dad someone popular who tells it like it is or is it someone who not only gives advice but is listened to and followed by the masses?
America's fathers could be anyone... it could be the guy you buy your coffee from or it could be a celebrity everyone adores. Since nobody knows who is selling you coffee, this list delves into those celebrity dads who make us all feel a little better knowing they are out there, giving us advice and keeping us sane and making us smile during whatever turbulence or troubles America will endure in the coming year.
- Everyone respects Tom Hanks, just like you should respect your dad.
- The guy is playing Mr. Rogers who is as American and virtuous as anyone could possibly be and he it's difficult to imagine him played by anyone other than Tom Hanks!
- He may be very dadly, but looking back at his earlier career, he was more like America's drunk uncle. That's not a criticism either - Hanks' work on Bosom Buddies, Bachelor Party, and other amazing comedies made his career and we love him for it! But does it detract from his dad-ness?
Thomas Jeffrey "Tom" Hanks is an American film actor, director, voice-over artist, writer and film producer. Hanks worked in television and family-friendly comedies before achieving success as a dramatic actor portraying several notable roles, including Andrew Beckett in Philadelphia, the title role in Forrest Gump, Commander James A. Lovell in Apollo 13, Captain John H. Miller in Saving Private Ryan, Michael Sullivan in Road to Perdition, and Sheriff Woody in Disney/Pixar's Toy Story. Hanks is the third most successful actor in terms of box office totals, which exceed $3.3 billion. He is one of the best American actors. ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Concord, California, United States of America
- Former President Barack Obama is certainly well-known as a good father and statesman, but his time since leaving the Presidency suggests he is less a former President and more of a father to us all.
- His Twitter comments don't usually delve too deeply into politics, but instead focus on the advice and knowledge we all need from a stern, but caring poppa!
- He was the President of the United States, which makes him immediately divisive. Many people dismiss what he has to say simply due to the office he once held, which is a shame as he is an incredibly intelligent and caring person.
Barack Hussein Obama II (born August 4, 1961) is an American politician who served as the 44th President of the United States from 2009 to 2017. The first African American to assume the presidency, he was previously the junior United States Senator from Illinois from 2005 to 2008. He served in the Illinois State Senate from 1997 until 2004. Obama was born in 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii, two years after the territory was admitted to the Union as the 50th state. Raised largely in Hawaii, Obama also spent one year of his childhood in Washington State and four years in Indonesia. After graduating from Columbia University in New York City in 1983, he worked as a community organizer in Chicago. In ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- Dads should be good at cool skills like woodworking and Nick Offerman excels so hard at it that he's got "woodworker" in his Wikipedia bio and hosts a show called Making It.
- 100% a dad mustache.
If he was your dad, Megan Mullally would be your mom, and that is a heck of a combo.
- What if you are garbage at making things? You know he'd support you and love you anyway but you'd still feel like you disappointed him, no matter how many times he tried to reassure you. You are an unreachable acme of skill, Offerman!
Nick Offerman is an American actor, writer, humorist, and carpenter widely known for his breakout role as Ron Swanson in the acclaimed NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation, for which he received the Television Critics Association Award for Individual Achievement in Comedy. ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: USA, Joliet, Illinois
- Anyone who grew up in the '80s owes their love and knowledge of science to engineer and entertainer, Bill Nye the Science Guy. It's been years since that series ended, but Nye hasn't slowed down educating people and making sure the world understands the dangers of climate change and many other issues.
- He has no problem speaking his mind and takes any opportunity to do so.
- His bow tie screams "dad," but so does his knowledge and advice everyone should heed.
- He makes it look easy to tie a bow tie. It really isn't.
William Sanford "Bill" Nye, popularly known as Bill Nye the Science Guy, is an American science educator, comedian, television host, actor, writer, scientist, and former mechanical engineer, best known as the host of the Disney/PBS children's science show Bill Nye the Science Guy and for his many subsequent appearances in popular media as a science educator. ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America