You know those women throughout culture that are just so relatable, you almost feel like you know them? Every now and then, popular mothers and women in the media almost take on a collective mom-like quality in the minds of the public at large. Occasionally dubbed "America's mom" by the media - or even referred to casually as "Mom" by on social media sites - such women exude such a strength and grace that they're able to inspire women around the world whether they've ever met them or not. So who is America's mother in 2019? Here you'll have the chance to help figure it out.
When making your choices for who was America's mom in 2019, pick the woman from the list below that you've been inspired by the most. You'll also find a handy list of pros and cons that detail the probable ups and downs of actually being raised by the women in question in case you need a little help deciding. Be sure to check back as the votes roll in to discover who won the title of America's mother 2019.
- She's just so... nice. Having been dubbed America's sweetheart in her early, romantic comedy days, our love for her definitely hasn't faded over the years.
- She's hysterical and would always keep you on your toes with her hilarious antics.
- She's got a huge heart which comes through in all of her roles.
- When she adopted her two kids, she also maintained that she was the lucky one for getting to have them in her lives.
- How could you ever get mad at her even if you had a fight? Seriously.
- The strong possibility that all your friends would end up loving her more than you.
Sandra Annette Bullock (; born July 26, 1964) is an American actress, producer, and philanthropist. She was the highest paid actress in the world in 2010 and 2014. In 2015, Bullock was chosen as People's Most Beautiful Woman and was included in Time's 100 most influential people in the world in 2010. Bullock is the recipient of several accolades, including an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award. After making her acting debut with a minor role in the thriller Hangmen (1987), Bullock received early attention for her supporting work in the action film Demolition Man (1993). Her breakthrough came in the action thriller Speed (1994). She established herself in the 1990s with leading roles in ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Virginia, United States of America
- As she demonstrated with her roles on Everybody Loves Raymond and The Middle, this lady was just born to play a mom.
- She's got four boys in real life and appeared on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition with three of them, where they renovated a home for another family.
- She even wrote a book about her life as both an actress and mom called Motherhood and Hollywood: How to Get a Job Like Mine.
- She seems like the type of lady who could dish out the world's wisest advice and always has the backs of the people she cares about.
- Having to share her with the four real-life sons.
- Having to live up to the acme of her mothering skills if you ever became one yourself.
Patricia Helen Heaton (born March 4, 1958) is an American actress and comedian. She is known for her starring role as Debra Barone in the CBS sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond (1996–2005) and as Frances "Frankie" Heck on the ABC sitcom The Middle (2009–2018). Heaton is a three-time Emmy Award winner – twice winning the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for Everybody Loves Raymond, and a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Culinary Program as host of Patricia Heaton Parties (2015–2016). ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Bay Village, Ohio, USA
- From Brothers & Sisters to Forrest Gump to Mrs. Doubtfire, Sally just exudes that classic mom warmth.
- Seriously, doesn't she always just look ready with a hug?
- She knows what she believes in and is not afraid to stand up for it.
- She's the type that'd bake you cookies while talking politics.
- If you're not the type who enjoys a lively discussion on current affairs, you might not do well at her dinner table.
- Be prepared to find out what you believe in, even if you don't feel like it.
Sally Margaret Field (born November 6, 1946) is an American actress and director. She is the recipient of various accolades, including two Academy Awards, three Primetime Emmy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and has been nominated for a Tony Award and two BAFTA Awards. Field began her professional career on television, starring in eponymous roles on the short-lived sitcoms Gidget (1965–1966), The Flying Nun (1967–1970), and The Girl with Something Extra (1973–1974). In 1976, her career saw a turning point when she garnered critical acclaim for her performance as the titular character in the miniseries Sybil, for which she received the Primetime Emmy Award for ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Pasadena, California, United States of America
- She's the ultimate mom/best friend all rolled into one.
- Her sense of humor and happy go lucky attitude seem impossible to be sad in the presence of.
- If she's anything like her characters, she'd have your back no matter what.
- She seems like the type that would make pushing you to do your best fun.
- The possibility of ever encountering the scene where she um.... "rides Santa's sleigh" with Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa.
- The distinct possibility that you'd be such best friends, the two of you would drive your husband crazy.
Lauren Helen Graham (born March 16, 1967) is an American actress and author. She is best known for her roles as Lorelai Gilmore on the television series Gilmore Girls (2000–2007 and 2016), for which she received nominations for Screen Actors Guild, Golden Globe and Satellite Awards, and as Sarah Braverman on the NBC television drama Parenthood (2010–2015). Graham's film work includes roles in Sweet November (2001), Bad Santa (2003), The Pacifier (2005), Because I Said So (2007), and Evan Almighty (2007). She published her debut novel with Ballantine Books in 2013, Someday, Someday, Maybe. In 2016, Graham reprised her role as Lorelai Gilmore on Netflix's reunion miniseries Gilmore Girls: A ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America