Who Was America's Mom In 2019?
You know those women throughout culture that are just so relatable, you almost feel like you know them? Every now and then, popular mothers and women in the media almost take on a collective mom-like quality in the minds of the public at large. Occasionally dubbed "America's mom" by the media - or even referred to casually as "Mom" by on social media sites - such women exude such a strength and grace that they're able to inspire women around the world whether they've ever met them or not. So who is America's mother in 2019? Here you'll have the chance to help figure it out.
When making your choices for who was America's mom in 2019, pick the woman from the list below that you've been inspired by the most. You'll also find a handy list of pros and cons that detail the probable ups and downs of actually being raised by the women in question in case you need a little help deciding. Be sure to check back as the votes roll in to discover who won the title of America's mother 2019.
- Photo: Josh Hallett / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0188 VOTES
- She may just be one of the strongest ladies in Hollywood. After battling addiction, she's been very open about her past struggles in an attempt to help others.
- She's got a huge heart and supports a wide variety of charities.
- She's incredibly real and has emphasized letting your talent, not outside appearance, do the talking.
- She shared the red carpet with her entire family at the premiere of Halloween, awwww.
- She's so strong, active, and talented, you'd have a lot to live up too.
- Though her lack of fascination with fashion is totally charming, it doesn't leave a lot in the way of cool clothes to steal from her closet.
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Photo: Tinseltown / Shutterstock2114 VOTES
- She's just so... nice. Having been dubbed America's sweetheart in her early, romantic comedy days, our love for her definitely hasn't faded over the years.
- She's hysterical and would always keep you on your toes with her hilarious antics.
- She's got a huge heart which comes through in all of her roles.
- When she adopted her two kids, she also maintained that she was the lucky one for getting to have them in her lives.
- How could you ever get mad at her even if you had a fight? Seriously.
- The strong possibility that all your friends would end up loving her more than you.
- Birthplace: Virginia, United States of America
- 383 VOTES
- From Brothers & Sisters to Forrest Gump to Mrs. Doubtfire, Sally just exudes that classic mom warmth.
- Seriously, doesn't she always just look ready with a hug?
- She knows what she believes in and is not afraid to stand up for it.
- She's the type that'd bake you cookies while talking politics.
- If you're not the type who enjoys a lively discussion on current affairs, you might not do well at her dinner table.
- Be prepared to find out what you believe in, even if you don't feel like it.
- Birthplace: Pasadena, California, USA
- Photo: flickr / CC0489 VOTES
- She's got that sweet, loving vibe that just screams motherly.
- She's quite possibly the greatest screen actress of all time yet has still managed to stay down to earth and cool about it.
- She's insanely creative and would doubtless keep life interesting.
- She's strong, outspoken, and unafraid to use her voice to stand-up for what she believes in.
- Growing up knowing your mom was a living legend would make for some crazy standards of success.
- Having to share her with the rest of the world, pretty much all of which loves her too.
- Birthplace: Summit, New Jersey, USA
- Photo: satin_shirt / Flickr584 VOTES
- As she demonstrated with her roles on Everybody Loves Raymond and The Middle, this lady was just born to play a mom.
- She's got four boys in real life and appeared on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition with three of them, where they renovated a home for another family.
- She even wrote a book about her life as both an actress and mom called Motherhood and Hollywood: How to Get a Job Like Mine.
- She seems like the type of lady who could dish out the world's wisest advice and always has the backs of the people she cares about.
- Having to share her with the four real-life sons.
- Having to live up to the acme of her mothering skills if you ever became one yourself.
- Birthplace: Bay Village, Ohio, USA
- Photo: Alberto Rodriguez / Getty Images680 VOTES
- She's the ultimate mom/best friend all rolled into one.
- Her sense of humor and happy go lucky attitude seem impossible to be sad in the presence of.
- If she's anything like her characters, she'd have your back no matter what.
- She seems like the type that would make pushing you to do your best fun.
- The possibility of ever encountering the scene where she um.... "rides Santa's sleigh" with Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa.
- The distinct possibility that you'd be such best friends, the two of you would drive your husband crazy.
- Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA