You know those women throughout culture that are just so relatable, you almost feel like you know them? Every now and then, popular mothers and women in the media almost take on a collective mom-like quality in the minds of the public at large. Occasionally dubbed "America's mom" by the media - or even referred to casually as "Mom" by on social media sites - such women exude such a strength and grace that they're able to inspire women around the world whether they've ever met them or not. So who is America's mother in 2019? Here you'll have the chance to help figure it out.
When making your choices for who was America's mom in 2019, pick the woman from the list below that you've been inspired by the most. You'll also find a handy list of pros and cons that detail the probable ups and downs of actually being raised by the women in question in case you need a little help deciding. Be sure to check back as the votes roll in to discover who won the title of America's mother 2019.
- She's just so... nice. Having been dubbed America's sweetheart in her early, romantic comedy days, our love for her definitely hasn't faded over the years.
- She's hysterical and would always keep you on your toes with her hilarious antics.
- She's got a huge heart which comes through in all of her roles.
- When she adopted her two kids, she also maintained that she was the lucky one for getting to have them in her lives.
- How could you ever get mad at her even if you had a fight? Seriously.
- The strong possibility that all your friends would end up loving her more than you.
Sandra Annette Bullock is an American actress and film producer. She is one of Hollywood's highest-paid actresses, and is the recipient of one Academy Award from two nominations, and one Golden Globe Award from five nominations. Bullock made her acting debut with a minor role in the 1987 thriller Hangmen. Her breakthrough role was in the 1994 action film Speed. ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Virginia, United States of America
- As she demonstrated with her roles on Everybody Loves Raymond and The Middle, this lady was just born to play a mom.
- She's got four boys in real life and appeared on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition with three of them, where they renovated a home for another family.
- She even wrote a book about her life as both an actress and mom called Motherhood and Hollywood: How to Get a Job Like Mine.
- She seems like the type of lady who could dish out the world's wisest advice and always has the backs of the people she cares about.
- Having to share her with the four real-life sons.
- Having to live up to the acme of her mothering skills if you ever became one yourself.
Patricia Helen Heaton is an American actress and producer. She is known for portraying Debra Barone on the CBS sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond from 1996 to 2005, for which she won two Primetime Emmy Awards, and as Frances "Frankie" Heck on the ABC sitcom The Middle. ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Bay Village, Ohio, United States of America
- She may just be one of the strongest ladies in Hollywood. After battling addiction, she's been very open about her past struggles in an attempt to help others.
- She's got a huge heart and supports a wide variety of charities.
- She's incredibly real and has emphasized letting your talent, not outside appearance, do the talking.
- She shared the red carpet with her entire family at the premiere of Halloween, awwww.
- She's so strong, active, and talented, you'd have a lot to live up too.
- Though her lack of fascination with fashion is totally charming, it doesn't leave a lot in the way of cool clothes to steal from her closet.
Jamie Lee Curtis, Lady Haden-Guest is an American actress and author. She made her film debut in 1978 by starring as Laurie Strode in John Carpenter's Halloween. A big hit, the film established her as a notable actress in horror, and she subsequently starred in Halloween II, The Fog, Prom Night, Terror Train, and Roadgames, gaining the status of "scream queen" to mainstream audiences. Curtis has since compiled a body of work that spans many genres, including the cult comedy films Trading Places, for which she won a BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, A Fish Called Wanda, and True Lies, for which she won a Golden Globe for Best Actress in Musical or Comedy. Curtis is the ...more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Santa Monica, California, United States of America
- The sweet, loving personality she brought to Fixer Upper.
- Her awesome creativity and business sense.
- The fact that she could help you transform a tiny house into the ultimate pad.
- She's got a farm and is always indulging her family's love of adopting random new pets to roam it.
- Say see ya later to any walls in your place she thinks would be better knocked out.
- With her as a mom, there's no excuse to live in a place that's anything less than fabulous.
Joanna Gaines (born April 19, 1978) is a HGTV personality on Fixer Upper who stars alongside her husband Chip Gaines. She and Chip own and operate Magnolia Homes, a remodeling and design business, and she is also the lead designer for the company. She earned a degree in communications from Baylor University before heading to New York as an intern. She was born in Kansas and raised in Texas. She and her husband have 4 kids together named Drake, Ella, Duke, and Emmie. She announced she was pregnant with their fifth child at the beginning of January 2018. ...more on Wikipedia