List of the best Angela Lansbury movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Angela Lansbury's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Angela Lansbury movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Angela Lansbury movies will be at the top of the list. Angela Lansbury has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Angela Lansbury movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Angela Lansbury films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Angela Lansbury role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Angela Lansbury performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List is made up of films like The Reluctant Debutante and The Court Jester."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Angela Lansbury movies?" and "What are the greatest Angela Lansbury roles of all time?"
Notable directors that have worked with Angela Lansbury include names like Cecil B. DeMille, Terry Hughes and John Frankenheimer. If Angela Lansbury movies are your thing, then check out the greatest movies by Anne Francis and Lillian Gish too.
- The Manchurian Candidate is a 1962 American Cold War suspense thriller directed by John Frankenheimer that stars Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey and Janet Leigh and co-stars Angela Lansbury, Henry ...more
- After the death of her famous opera-singing aunt, Paula (Ingrid Bergman) is sent to study in Italy to become a great opera singer as well. While there, she falls in love with the charming Gregory ...more
- An arrogant young prince (Robby Benson) and his castle's servants fall under the spell of a wicked enchantress, who turns him into the hideous Beast until he learns to love and be loved in return. ...more
- On a luxurious cruise on the Nile River, a wealthy heiress, Linnet Ridgeway (Lois Chiles), is murdered. Fortunately, among the passengers are famed Belgian detective Hercule Poirot (Peter Ustinov) ...more
- The Harvey Girls is a 1946 American musical film produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer based on the 1942 novel of the same name by Samuel Hopkins Adams, about Fred Harvey's famous Harvey House waitresses. ...more
- The Picture of Dorian Gray is a 1945 American horror-drama film based on Oscar Wilde's 1890 novel of the same name. Released in March 1945 by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, the film is directed by Albert Lewin ...more
- During the Battle of Britain, Miss Eglantine Price (Angela Lansbury), a cunning witch-in-training, decides to use her supernatural powers to defeat the Nazi menace. She sets out to accomplish this ...more
- Former carnival performer Hubert Hawkins (Danny Kaye) and maid Jean (Glynis Johns) are assigned to protect the infant royal heir from tyrannical King Roderick I (Cecil Parker). While Jean takes the ...more
- When Velvet Brown (Elizabeth Taylor), an equine-loving 12-year-old living in rural Sussex, becomes the owner of a rambunctious horse, she decides to train it for England's Grand National race. Aided ...more
- After being discharged from the U.S. Army, cool guy Chadwick Gates (Elvis Presley) returns home to Hawaii. Following several years of strict military life, Gates wants nothing more than to hang loose ...more
- Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris is a 1992 film directed by Anthony Pullen Shaw.
- The Mirror Crack'd is a 1980 British mystery film based on Agatha Christie's Miss Marple novel The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side and directed by Guy Hamilton. It starred Angela Lansbury, Kim ...more
- It's a week before Christmas and Mrs. Claus (Angela Lansbury) is feeling unappreciated when Santa Claus (Charles Durning) refuses to look over her new route for distributing presents. She goes for a ...more
- Beauty and the Beast is an 48-minute animated film originally released on May 4, 1992, and based on the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve. Like all ...more
- The evil wizard Rasputin (Christopher Lloyd) puts a hex on the royal Romanovs and young Anastasia (Meg Ryan) disappears when their palace is overrun. Years later, the Grand Duchess (Angela Lansbury) ...more
- Aircraft tycoon Grant Matthews (Spencer Tracy) is goaded into running for president by his politically ambitious longtime girlfriend, newspaper publisher Kay Thorndyke (Angela Lansbury). At the ...more
- Widower Cedric Brown (Colin Firth) hires Nanny McPhee (Emma Thompson) to care for his seven rambunctious children, who have chased away all previous nannies. Taunted by Simon (Thomas Sangster) and ...more
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is a 1982 musical thriller film directed by Terry Hughes and Harold Prince.
- From his birth in Bethlehem to his death and eventual resurrection, the life of Jesus Christ (Max von Sydow) is given the all-star treatment in this epic retelling. Major aspects of Christ's life are ...more
- Handsome vagabond Ben Quick (Paul Newman) returns to the Mississippi town his late father called home, but rumors of his dad's pyromaniac tendencies follow him as soon as he sets foot there. The ...more
- The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax is a 1999 drama mystery film directed by Anthony Pullen Shaw.
- In the years before World War II, zany heiress Amanda Kelly (Cybill Shepherd) travels by train to Switzerland. While passing through Germany, she meets a sweet elderly lady, Miss Froy (Angela ...more
- Little Gloria... Happy at Last was a 1982 television miniseries directed by Waris Hussein.
- On opening night of his new Broadway musical, "Show Boat," composer Jerome Kern (Robert Walker) reflects on his long career. With the help of his mentor, composer James Hessler (Van Heflin), a young ...more