Anime isn't just for kids - which means the activities surrounding it don't have to be for kids, either. If you're an anime fan who enjoys the occasional alcoholic beverage, this list offers a few fun anime drinking games to try out with friends (or yourself if you're more solitary). Not only can they make your favorite series more fun to watch, but these drinking games can also serve as a great way to introduce your non-otaku friends to anime.
The best anime drinking games out there cover a wide range of shows and subjects. Some revolve around a single series like Gurren Lagann, My Hero Academia, or One-Punch Man. For more hardcore fans, a game may focus on anime from specific genres, like harem or slice of life, with the rules tailored to said genre's particular tropes. If you decide to try one of these games, have fun, but make sure to drink responsibly. Never drink and drive, obey your country's age limit laws, drink plenty of water, and, if you're gonna play the Inuyasha game, brace yourself.
- Photo: A-1 Pictures
Shonen fantasy series Fairy Tail follows a collection of magical guilds that perform services for cash, and often get into intense conflicts with one another. Given that the following things happen in nearly every episode, this drinking game will get you pretty plastered. Here are the instructions from Anime Drinking Games:
- Whenever Natsu gets sick, take a drink
- When Natsu gets beat up, whether he deserves it or not, take a drink
- When someone casts a spell with a name, take a drink
- When Natsu eats fire, take a drink
- When Natsu performs a feat of heroism, take a drink
- When Lucy summons a celestial being, take a drink
- When the magic council gets angry at Fairy Tail, take a drink
- When the guild master lectures passionately, take a drink
HARD MODE: ADD THESE RULES
75642Does this sound fun?
- When guild members fight among themselves or make fun of one another, take a drink
- Finish your drink when a member of Fairy Tail wins a fight against another wizard
- Photo: Studio Bones
My Hero Academia is a recent shonen smash hit about a young boy named Izuku Midoriya who wants to become a superhero. He lacks a quirk, or superpower, but when his idol, a superhero named All Might, makes him the heir to his own quirk, One For All - suddenly, he has a chance. This exciting show reaches new thrills with a drinking game. Any drink will do, but if you want to stay on theme, consider adding some Midori melon liqueur?
Take a drink when:
- Using "One For All" breaks Midoriya's bones
- Midoriya yells "KACCHAN!"
- Bakugo snarls at someone
- Mineta says something perverted
- An American-themed attack name is used
- All Might coughs up blood
- Aizawa threatens to punish his students
- Present Mic announces someone's quirk
- Tsuyu says "kero" (sub) or "ribbit" (dub)
Hard Mode - Add These Rules:
44643Does this sound fun?
- Take two sips when see a character with a quirk you think is totally ridiculous
- Take two sips when you see a hero outfit that's impractical or ugly
- Photo: Wit Studio
Attack on Titan is set in a world where giant humanoid monsters force humanity to live inside a walled village to avoid being eaten. The show has emerged as one of the most popular anime in recent years. It gets pretty gruesome, so how about lightening the mood with a fun drinking game from the Chuggernauts? According to their Attack on Titan drinking game:
Drink one when...
- Someone says “Titan”
- Whenever someone says Eren or Mikasa
- Armin whines or panics
- Someone mentions the Survey Corps/Scouts, the Garrison, or the MP (Military Police)
- Eren explains how much he wants to destroy Titans
- There’s a flashback to Eren’s mom getting eaten
- Someone cries
- You notice new unique facial hair
Drink three when...
- Someone shuts down Eren
- Someone saves Eren
39144Does this sound fun?
- Players must constantly chug their drinks while the Colossal Titan is in frame
- Photo: Sunrise
Two unnamed Reddit users offered an idea for a simple Inuyasha drinking game. While there are only a few conditions in which participants take a drink, they happen quite often. This makes for a simple and effective drinking game - there are no difficult rules to remember, and you get drunk faster than Inuyasha himself can cure Kagome's cold. Here it is:36346Does this sound fun?