List of the best Anne Bancroft movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Anne Bancroft's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Anne Bancroft movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Anne Bancroft movies will be at the top of the list. Anne Bancroft has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Anne Bancroft movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Anne Bancroft films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Anne Bancroft role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Anne Bancroft performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This list below has a variety of films, like The Naked Street and Home for the Holidays, in it."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Anne Bancroft movies?" and "What are the greatest Anne Bancroft roles of all time?"
David Lynch and Ridley Scott are among those who directed Anne Bancroft at one point or another during their careers in the film industry. If you're a fan of Anne Bancroft, then check out our lists of the best Vera Miles and Jean Harlow movies as well.
- Jessie Cates (Sissy Spacek) packs her belongings into bags intended for donation to charity. She's doing so because, as she tells her mother, Thelma (Anne Bancroft), she plans to kill herself that ...more
- New York City bibliophile Helene Hanff (Anne Bancroft) writes to the London bookshop Marks & Co in search of some titles she has not been able to turn up locally. Store manager Frank Doel (Anthony ...more
- Blind and deaf after suffering a terrible fever as a baby, young Helen Keller (Patty Duke) has spent years unable to communicate, leaving her frustrated and occasionally violent. As a last chance ...more
- Jo (Anne Bancroft) leaves the banality of her marriage to second husband Giles (Richard Johnson) to wed her screenwriter lover, Jake Armitage (Peter Finch), but insists her new husband adhere to her ...more
- As a volunteer at a crisis center, Alan Newell (Sidney Poitier) is working the late shift when he hears from a desperate woman named Inga Dyson (Anne Bancroft) who has attempted to overdose on ...more
- In rural Wyoming, James Vanning (Aldo Ray) aids stranded motorists John (Brian Keith) and Red (Rudy Bond). But after James finds out that the men just pulled off a huge bank heist, they try to kill ...more
- The Last Frontier is a 1956 weatern film directed by Anthony Mann.
- Dr. Frederic Treves (Anthony Hopkins) discovers Joseph (John) Merrick (John Hurt) in a sideshow. Born with a congenital disorder, Merrick uses his disfigurement to earn a living as the "Elephant ...more
- Forced to give up ballet after becoming pregnant, Deedee (Shirley MacLaine) moved from New York to Oklahoma to raise a family with her husband (Tom Skerritt). When her old friend and fellow ...more
- Tracing the life of Christ, from the wedding of Mary and Joseph through the Resurrection.
- Arnold Beckoff (Harvey Fierstein) is looking for love and acceptance, but as a gay man working as a female impersonator in 1970s New York City, neither come easily. After a series of heartaches, ...more
- Homecoming is an American drama television film. On April 14, 1996, the TV film Homecoming was released and aired on the American cable channel, Lifetime. The screenplay was written by Christopher ...more
- When doting son Gilbert Rolfe (Ron Silver) finds out his mother has a brain tumor, he is devastated. His incorrigible mother, Estelle (Anne Bancroft), has one last wish: to meet the great Greta ...more
- Surrounded by the lush countryside of Italy, Mary Panton (Kristin Scott Thomas), a middle-aged and once-affluent widow, seems to have her financial future secured again when she attracts the notice ...more
- When her teenage daughter opts out of Thanksgiving, single mother Claudia Larson (Holly Hunter) travels alone to her childhood home for an explosive holiday dinner with her dysfunctional family. ...more
- Dr. Martha Livingston (Jane Fonda) is a court-appointed psychiatrist sent to evaluate Sister Agnes (Meg Tilly), a young nun whose infant has been found strangled. With Agnes claiming a virgin ...more
- Nazi Germany's prized airship is threatened with sabotage, so Col. Franz Ritter (George C. Scott) is charged with its safety. As the massive zeppelin lifts off for a journey to the United States, ...more
- Benjamin Braddock (Dustin Hoffman) has just finished college and, back at his parents' house, he's trying to avoid the one question everyone keeps asking: What does he want to do with his life? An ...more
- Deep In My Heart is a 1999 drama film written by Ronni Kern and directed by Anita W. Addison.
- Frederick Bronski (Mel Brooks) and his adulterous wife, Anna (Anne Bancroft), are a pair of hammy actors running a low-rent theater in Warsaw, Poland. When the Nazis invade, the Bronskis find their ...more
- When a band of Confederate servicemen escapes from a Union stockade, they make their way to the safe haven of Canada, but have no intention of living out their remaining days in peace. Led by Maj. ...more
- Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. hosts a personal journey through the past 50 years of black history in the United States, citing both the progress made and obstacles yet to be overcome. Featuring ...more
- Loosely based on the Charles Dickens' classic novel, "Great Expectations" is a sensual tale of a young man's unforgettable passage into manhood, and the three individuals who will undeniably change ...more
- Millionaire oncologist Dr. Michael Reynolds (Woody Harrelson) is living a life of luxury in Los Angeles when he is assigned to young cancer patient Brandon Monroe (Jon Seda), a violent former gang ...more
- Pilot Jed Towers (Richard Widmark) encounters the beautiful Nell Forbes (Marilyn Monroe) while staying at a hotel in New York City. Jed pursues Nell, initially thinking she's a woman of means, but ...more