List of the best Anthony Quinn movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Anthony Quinn's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Anthony Quinn movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Anthony Quinn movies will be at the top of the list. Anthony Quinn has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Anthony Quinn movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Anthony Quinn films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Anthony Quinn role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Anthony Quinn performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Everything from The Happening to The Black Swan is included on this list."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Anthony Quinn movies?" and "What are the greatest Anthony Quinn roles of all time?"
Anthony Quinn was no stranger to working with popular directors, including Federico Fellini, Tony Scott and Chris Columbus. If Anthony Quinn movies are your thing, then check out the greatest movies by Robert Mitchum and Gary Cooper too.
- Zorba the Greek is a 1964 British-Greek drama film directed by Cypriot Michael Cacoyannis and starring Anthony Quinn as the title character. It is based on the novel Zorba the Greek by Nikos ...more
- The Greek Tycoon is a 1978 American drama film, of the roman à clef type, directed by J. Lee Thompson. The screenplay by Morton S. Fine is based on a story by Fine, Nico Mastorakis, and Win Wells, ...more
- Stradivari is a 1988 Italian biographical drama film directed by Giacomo Battiato. It depicts real life events of luthier Antonio Stradivari. It was filmed in sixteen weeks between Cremona and ...more
- A Walk in the Spring Rain is a romantic drama Eastmancolor film made by Columbia Pictures, directed by Guy Green and produced by Stirling Silliphant, from his own screenplay based on the novel by ...more
- La Strada is a 1954 Italian drama film directed by Federico Fellini from his own screenplay co-written with Tullio Pinelli and Ennio Flaiano. The film portrays a brutish strongman and the naïve young ...more
- Tom Healy (Anthony Quinn) and his traveling stage show are on the run from creditors, thanks to Angela Rossini (Sophia Loren), his seductive leading lady. After arriving in Cheyenne, Wyo., the troupe ...more
- Investigating how controversial organizations create powerful and often destructive belief systems.
- In 1943, a small commando team is sent to destroy huge German guns on the Greek Island of Navarone in order to rescue Allied troops trapped on Kheros. Led by British Major Franklin (Anthony Quayle), ...more
- This lauded drama depicts the life of revered Dutch painter Vincent Van Gogh (Kirk Douglas). An intense and imaginative artist, Van Gogh possesses undeniable talent, but he is plagued by mental ...more
- Inuk (Anthony Quinn), an Eskimo hunter, offers his wife, Asiak (Yôko Tani), to a visiting Christian missionary as a courtesy, which is a custom of his people. When the missionary refuses this offer ...more
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a 1956 French film version of Victor Hugo's novel of the same name, directed by Jean Delannoy and produced by Raymond Hakim and Robert Hakim. The film is the first ...more
- Epic biblical tale about the criminal who was released by Pontius Pilate in preference to Jesus, prior to the Crucifixion. The action follows Barabbas after his lucky escape, his return to crime and ...more
- Behold a Pale Horse is a 1964 film directed by Fred Zinnemann and starring Gregory Peck, Omar Sharif and Anthony Quinn. The film is based on the novel Killing a Mouse on Sunday by Emeric Pressburger, ...more
- The Thorntons are a British family living in Jamaica in 1870. When they decide to send their children back to England for a proper education, the long journey home quickly turns into pandemonium when ...more
- Ulysses is a 1954 fantasy-adventure film based on Homer's epic poem Odyssey. The movie was made by director Mario Camerini, who co-wrote the screenplay with writer Franco Brusati. The original choice ...more
- La Vingt-cinquième Heure is a 1967 war drama film, starring Anthony Quinn and Virna Lisi. It was produced by Italian producer Carlo Ponti and directed by French director Henri Verneuil. The film is ...more
- Attila is a 1954 Franco-Italian film co-production, directed by Pietro Francisci and produced by Dino De Laurentiis. Based on the life of Attila the Hun, it stars Anthony Quinn as Attila and Sophia ...more
- After being freed from a Vietnamese war prison, French Lt. Col. Pierre Raspeguy (Anthony Quinn) is sent to help quell resistance forces in Algeria. With the help of the Capt. Esclavier (Alain Delon), ...more
- R.P.M. is a 1970 film directed by Stanley Kramer.
- Mexican rancher Emiliano Zapata (Marlon Brando) becomes a revolutionary when corrupt President Porfirio Diaz (Fay Roope) ignores the needs of his people. Zapata, his brother Eufemio (Anthony Quinn) ...more
- The Inheritance is a 1976 Italian drama film directed by Mauro Bolognini. It was entered into the 1976 Cannes Film Festival, where Dominique Sanda won the award for Best Actress.
- Due to his knowledge of the native Bedouin tribes, British Lieutenant T.E. Lawrence (Peter O'Toole) is sent to Arabia to find Prince Faisal (Alec Guinness) and serve as a liaison between the Arabs ...more
- As the health of tyrannical but gravely ill shipping tycoon Matthew Cabot (Lloyd Nolan) declines, he relies on pain medicine injected by his physician, Dr. David Rivera (Anthony Quinn). What Cabot ...more
- After spending decades in a Siberian Gulag labor camp, Roman Catholic priest Kiril Lakota (Anthony Quinn) is set free by Russian leader Piotr Ilyich Kamenev (Sir Laurence Olivier) at the height of ...more
- In accordance with Islamic law, director Moustapha Akkad's biopic of Mohammad never actually depicts the prophet himself, but rather outlines his story through the lives of certain cardinal figures ...more