Everyone with good taste buds knows that 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' is one of the most successful, enjoyable prolific children's shows to ever grace television. But how many of you remember how dark and unsettling it got? We decided to round up some of the most serious parts of the beloved kid series to show you how mature and emotional the show could really get.
1. Appa Is Abused By Circus Ringmasters And Becomes Traumatized By Fire
2. This Look On Zuko's Face (Who Was Thirteen Years Old At The Time) Before His Father Burned His Left Eye
3. The Dark Underground Brainwashing Techniques Used In Ba Sing Se
4. Hama's Incredibly Fascinating And Discomforting Bloodbending TechniquesPhoto: Nickelodeon
5. Aang Finding Monk Gyatso Dead
6. Katara Recounts The Day The Fire Nation Took Her Mother