The breadth of diversity in animal behavior is nothing to scoff at. The different species in the animal world have all developed incredibly unique physical traits and behaviors, spanning from heterochromia to monogamous mating relationships. Here's a collection of some of the most heartwarming and interesting facts about animals, courtesy of r/awwducational.
1. Seahorses "Date". They Have Been Found To Meet Up Regularly During Courtship To Hang Out And Dance Together.
2. Prairie Dogs Have A Language That's More Advanced Than Any Other Animal Language That’s Been Decoded. Researchers Found That Their Calls Convey Descriptive Details Like Distinguishing Between A Wide Variety of Animals, Including Coyotes, Domestic Dogs And Humans, Even What Color A Human Is Wearing.
3. The Goliath Frog (The World’s Largest Species Of Frog) Will Construct Their Own Ponds So Their Tadpoles Will Be Safe. They Have Been Observed Moving Rocks Weighing Over 4.4 Pounds.
4. Seals Will Perform The Banana Pose When They Are Feeling Safe And Content. It Also Helps Them Regulate Their Body Temperature And Keep Their Extremities Dry.
5. A Squirrel's Tail Has Quite A Few Uses, It Aids In Swimming, Helps Cushion Falls, They Use It To Try And Protect Themselves From Being Prey, And They Also Use Them In Different Weather. In Snow And Rain It's Like An Umbrella.
6. Red Pandas Use Their Tails As Wraparound Blankets In The Chilly Mountain Heights.