List of Motown Records artists, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This Motown Records roster includes both past and present artists. Popular Motown Records bands and artists are all listed here with information such as what genre the bands fall under and what albums they're known for. If you're looking for any of these Motown Records band's full discographies then click on their name and you can find them here on Ranker. The artists and bands on this list might be pop, rap, rock, electronic or any other genre, but what they all have in common is that they were signed by Motown Records.
List artists include Lindsay Lohan, Michael Jackson and more.
This page can help answer questions like, "Who are the best Motown Records bands?" and "Which artists are signed by Motown Records?"
If any musical artists are missing from this Motown Records artists list, you can add them at the bottom of the list.
- 1702, named after the area code of their hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada, was an American... moreHip hop music, Pop music
Albums: Star, 702, No Doubt, All I Want, Where My Girls At?
- 298 Degrees (stylized as 98°) is an American pop and R&B vocal group consisting of four... moreUrban contemporary, Adult contemporary music
Albums: This Christmas, 98 Degrees and Rising (Christmas disc), 2.0, Revelation, 98 Degrees and Rising
- 3Soul music, Contemporary R&B
Albums: Baggy Listeners, Paper Term
- 4Al Cleveland (born Alfred W. Cleveland, March 11, 1930 – August 14, 1996) was an American... more
- 5Albert Leornes Greene (born April 13, 1946), often known as The Reverend Al Green, is an... moreSmooth soul, Rhythm and blues
Albums: Call Me, The Christmas Album, White Christmas, Greatest Hits, I'm Still in Love With You
- 6Joseph Amos Milburn (April 1, 1927 – January 3, 1980) was an American rhythm-and-blues singer... moreJump blues, Boogie-woogie
Albums: Booze, Babes, Blues & Boogie, Rockin' and Drinkin', Rocks
- 7Andrew Logan is an American performer, songwriter, and director.
- 9Anita Marie Pointer (born January 23, 1948) is an American R&B/Soul singer–songwriter, best... morePop music, Rock music
Albums: Love for What It Is
- 10Anna Ruby Gaye (née Gordy; January 28, 1922 – January 31, 2014) was an American businesswoman,... moreRhythm and blues, Soul music
- 11Another Bad Creation (sometimes called ABC for short) is an American hip hop and new jack... moreHip hop music, Pop music
Albums: Coolin' at the Playground Ya Know!, It Ain't What U Wear, It's How U Play It, Iesha, Grady Baby Compilation
- 12Apollo was an American R&B/disco group that recorded for Motown in the late 1970s. They are... more
ApolloDisco, Rhythm and blues
- 13Arthur Ross (February 28, 1949 – June, 1996) was an American singer and songwriter most... more
Arthur "T-Boy" Ross
- 14Ashford is a relatively common English placename: it goes back to Old English æscet,... moreDisco, Pop music
Albums: The Best of Ashford & Simpson, Very Best of Ashford & Simpson, Solid, Is It Still Good to Ya, Street Opera
- 15Anthony Cruz (born March 9, 1972), better known as AZ, is an American rapper born in Brooklyn,... moreHip hop music, Hardcore hip hop
Albums: Doe or Die, Final Call (The Lost Tapes), Aziatic, A.W.O.L., Pieces of a Man
- 16B5, previously known as TNT Boyz and Audio, is a R&B music group originating from St.... moreHip hop music, Pop music
Albums: B5, Don't Talk, Just Listen, In My Bedroom, Hydrolics
- 17Barbara Martin may refer to: Barbara Martin (singer) (born 1943), American R&B singer (The... more
Barbara MartinPop music, Rhythm and blues
- 18Barbara Jean McNair (March 4, 1934 – February 4, 2007) was an American singer and theater,... moreAdult contemporary music, Pop music
Albums: The Ultimate Motown Collection
- 19Barbara Randolph (5 May 1942 – 15 July 2002), also known as Barbara Ann Sanders, was an... more
- 20Barcelona is a band from Seattle, Washington. The band's sound is harmonious and piano-based... moreRock music, Emo
Albums: Absolutes, Not Quite Yours, Love Me, Know Love, Cure
- 21Barrett Strong (born February 5, 1941) is an American singer and songwriter. Strong was the... moreRhythm and blues, Soul music
Albums: The Complete Motown Collection, 20th Century Masters, 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of Barrett Strong, Money (That's What I Want) / Oh I Apologize, Let's Rock
- 22Benjamin "BeBe" Winans (born September 17, 1962) is an American gospel and R&B singer. He is a... moreAdult contemporary music, Pop music
Albums: Dream, BeBe Winans, America America, My Christmas Prayer, Love and Freedom
- 23William "Benny" Benjamin (July 25, 1925 – April 20, 1969), nicknamed Papa Zita, was an... moreRhythm and blues, Jazz
- 24Berry Gordy III (known professionally as Berry Gordy Jr., born November 28, 1929) is an... morePop music, Rock music
- 25Bettye LaVette (born Betty Jo Haskins, January 29, 1946) is an American soul singer-songwriter... moreRock music, Rhythm and blues
Albums: The Scene of the Crime, I've Got My Own Hell To Raise, Soul Hits, Child of the Seventies, Nearer to You