Bertucci's recipes, a helpful guide to preparing your favorite dishes from the Bertucci menu at home. These copycat recipes are typically not based on exactly the method used at Bertucci, but are modeled closely on the flavor and texture of Bertucci's food, making it easier than ever to bring these great tastes to your house for cheap.
From the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster to the amazing sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings, it's always tempting to go out for a delicious treat at one of the numerous chain and franchise restaurants dotting the landscape. But eating out at restaurants all the time can be a costly proposition. Not to mention the fact that, at restaurants, you have no portion control, and can't alter the recipes, ingredients or style of cooking to suit your own taste.
The first Bertucci's opened in 1981 in Somervilla, MA, founded by Joe Crugnale, an immigrant from Sulmona, Italy. He picked the name out of an in-flight magazine and called his first restaurant Bertucci's Brick Oven Pizza. By 1986, the chain had 20 locations around New England. In the 1990s, Bertucci's expanded its menu to include pasta, sandwiches, meat and seafood dishes, and a variety of seasonal specialties.
Making Bertucci's recipes in your home gives you all of these options, while saving you money, and providing the same great diversity and taste that you'd find at your favorite casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Bertucci's recipes from around the Web.What are some of Bertucci's popular recipes? Take a look at this list and see for yourself.
1 large eggplant- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half into quarters lengthwise.
- Cut each of those in half to make two shorter quarters.
- Place the eggplant onto the baking sheet with the skin side down.
- Brush each piece with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until softened and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with lemon juice.Would you try this?
Four Cheese Ravioli
2 tablespoons olive oil- Heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides.
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
2 medium shallots, thinly sliced crosswise
8 ounces presliced fresh cremini mushrooms
5 ounces presliced fresh shiitake caps
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 (16- to 20-oz) package fresh or frozen four-cheese ravioli
- Cook shallots, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and increase heat to high, sauté, stirring, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated and mushrooms are golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and boil until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper, parsley, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter until butter is melted.
- Cook ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until ravioli are al dente.
- Drain in a colander.
- Return drained ravioli to large pot and add mushroom mixture, stirring gently until combined.Would you try this?
For the Sauce:
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil 6 fluid oz
Garlic, chopped 1 tbsp
Italian Parsley, chopped 2 tbsp
Fresh Oregano Leaves 2 tbsp
Capers 2 tbsp
Black Olives, coarsely chopped 1 cup
Diced Tomatoes 3 cups
Anchovies, chopped (optional) 2 each
For the Pasta:- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for sauce together. Refrigerate.
Penne 2 lbs
Sea Salt 2 tbsp
Pasta Broth 8 fluid oz
Grated Romano Cheese 3 oz
- In a large pot, bring 1 ½ gallons of water to a boil.
- Season with a sea salt,boil again.
- Drop the pasta in the water, stir well and cook until pasta is "al dente," about 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta,place in a pot.
- Reserve one cup of the pasta water.
- Heat the sauce and pasta broth in a sauté pan.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Transfer to platter and serve sprinkled with Romano cheese.Would you try this?
Artichokes Hearts, par-cooked 2 lbs- Drain the artichokes well and place in large bowl.
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup
Garlic, chopped 1 tbsp
Pecorino Cheese, grated 2 tbsp
Italian Parsley, chopped ½ cup
- Season the artichokes with the oil and the garlic.
- Place the artichokes in a baking sheet and roast at 400° F oven about 15 minutes.
- The artichokes should become crispy and brown.
- Place the artichokes in a serving platter, sprinkle with the grated cheese and parsley.
- Serve at room temperature with garlic crostini bread.Would you try this?