These are the best 1960s medical TV shows, ranked from best to worst by your votes. This list has some great 60s medical TV shows that were uncompromising dramas, and it also has some others that were groundbreaking comedies. Point is, if you're looking to catch up on some classic medical shows, this list has something for every taste. What are the top 1960s medical TV series'? Vote up your favorites!
What are some of the shows that appear on this best 1960s medical TV shows list? General Hospital is featured near the top of our list. Since 1963, this great soap opera has revolved around the lives of the patients and staff at Port Charles' primary medical facility. Ben Casey is another good medical TV show that aired during the 1960s.
Richard Chamberlain starred as the title character in the show Dr. Kildare from 1961 – 1966. Other good series that appear on this top 1960s medical TV shows list include Marcus Welby, M.D., Medical Center and The Nurses.
What are the best 1960s medical TV series? Did the hospital shows you think were the best make this list? Vote up the '60s medical shows you think are the best of the decade.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair use19631Marcus Welby, M.D. was an American medical drama television program that aired on ABC from September 23, 1969 to July 29, 1976. It starred Robert Young as a family practitioner with a kind bedside manner and James Brolin as the younger doctor he often worked with, and was produced by David Victor and David J. O'Connell. The pilot, A Matter of Humanities, had aired as an ABC Movie of the Week on March 26, 1969.... more
- Actors: Robert Young, James Brolin, Elena Verdugo
- Premiered: September 23, 1969
- Photo: uploaded by Bojangles27219Ben Casey is an American medical drama series which ran on ABC from 1961 to 1966. The show was known for its opening titles, which consisted of a hand drawing the symbols "♂, ♀, ✳, †, ∞" on a chalkboard, as cast member Sam Jaffe intoned, "Man, woman, birth, death, infinity." Neurosurgeon Joseph Ransohoff was a medical consultant for the show and may have influenced the personality of the title character.... more
- Actors: Vince Edwards, Sam Jaffe, Jeanne Bates
- Premiered: 1961
- Photo: uploaded by Bojangles35619Dr. Kildare is an NBC medical drama television series which ran from September 27, 1961 until April 5, 1966, encompassing a total of 190 episodes. The show, which premiered at the same time as an ABC medical drama, Ben Casey, quickly achieved success and helped spark a number of new shows dealing with the medical field. Kildare told the story of a young intern, Dr. James Kildare (Richard Chamberlain), working in a fictional large metropolitan hospital (Blair General) whilst trying to learn his profession, dealing with the problems of the patients, and winning the respect of the senior doctor, Dr. Leonard Gillespie (Raymond Massey). In the series' first episode, Gillespie tells the earnest... more
- Actors: Richard Chamberlain, Raymond Massey, Jean Inness
- Premiered: 1961
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)44914Medical Center is a medical drama series which aired on CBS from 1969 to 1976. It was produced by MGM Television.... more
- Actors: James Daly, Chad Everett, Chris Hutson
- Premiered: 1969