These are the best 1960s medical TV shows, ranked from best to worst by your votes. This list has some great 60s medical TV shows that were uncompromising dramas, and it also has some others that were groundbreaking comedies. Point is, if you're looking to catch up on some classic medical shows, this list has something for every taste. What are the top 1960s medical TV series'? Vote up your favorites!
What are some of the shows that appear on this best 1960s medical TV shows list? General Hospital is featured near the top of our list. Since 1963, this great soap opera has revolved around the lives of the patients and staff at Port Charles' primary medical facility. Ben Casey is another good medical TV show that aired during the 1960s.
Richard Chamberlain starred as the title character in the show Dr. Kildare from 1961 – 1966. Other good series that appear on this top 1960s medical TV shows list include Marcus Welby, M.D., Medical Center and The Nurses.Which 60s medical series is the best? Give your favorites a thumbs up!
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)The Bold Ones: The New Doctors is an American medical drama that lasted for four seasons on NBC, from 1969 to 1973.... more
4314Is this one of the best?
- Actors: John Saxon, E. G. Marshall, Julie Adams, David Hartman, Robert Walden
- Premiered: 1969
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseGeneral Hospital is an American daytime television medical drama that is listed in Guinness World Records as the longest-running American soap opera in production and the third longest-running drama in television in American history after Guiding Light and As the World Turns. Concurrently, it is the world's third longest-running scripted drama series in production after British serials The Archers and Coronation Street, as well as the world's second-longest-running televised soap opera still in production. General Hospital premiered on the ABC television network on April 1, 1963. Same-day broadcasts as well as classic episodes were aired on SOAPnet from January 20, 2000 until Disney... more
2822Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Maurice Benard, Steve Burton, Michael Easton, Genie Francis, Nancy Lee Grahn
- Premiered: April 1, 1963
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesThe Nurses is a serialized primetime medical drama that was broadcast in the USA on CBS from September 27, 1962, to May 11, 1965. It was originally called The Nurses; for the second season, the title was expanded to The Doctors and the Nurses and it ran until 1965, when it was transformed into a half-hour daytime soap opera. The soap opera, also called The Nurses, ran on ABC from 1965 to 1967.... more
1324Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Dustin Hoffman, Martin Sheen, Alan Alda, Joey Heatherton, Patrick O'Neal
- Premiered: 1962
- Photo: uploaded by Timeline CapsuleThe Eleventh Hour is an American medical drama about psychiatry starring Wendell Corey, Jack Ging, and Ralph Bellamy, which aired sixty-two new episodes plus selected rebroadcasts on NBC from October 3, 1962, to September 9, 1964.... more
715Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Kurt Russell, Ron Howard, Angela Lansbury, Elizabeth Montgomery, Tuesday Weld
- Premiered: 1962